Chapter 2 - Behind Closed Doors

Hunter's POV

I followed Courtney as she made her way up the stairs, my body-build making it impossible to turn and run back if she chose to. She had been rather quiet and cooperative as I lead her into the house, though I hardly missed how red she turned at the comments made. My lips formed into a smirk as I thought of it now though I had no intention on letting any of those men touch her.

The second floor of my house was hardly much to look at. All it consisted of was a white walled hall with three doors. The two doors on the left side, which were spread out from each other, belonged to two bedrooms. The one on the right side, positioned neatly between the other two, belonged to a small closet. Not much was actually in there.

My hand remained on the small of Courtney's back as I led her down the hall to the nearest door. I could tell she was moving reluctantly, though she gave me no trouble. I kept her at my side as I pulled out a key to the door, feeling how tense her back was now.  

The door quickly unlocked and I pushed it open, giving Courtney a little push from behind. She walked in, her movements forced, and moved further into the room to make space between us. The room itself was a simple room with tan walls, wood flooring, a white circular carpet, and a queen size bed positioned in the middle of the back wall and stuck out towards the middle of the room. On either side of it there were oak nightstands, each holding a lamp. On the left wall was a large window, hidden behind thin white curtains and bolted shut. The right wall had a large oak dresser, a sliding door that hide the closet and another door that belonged to the bathroom.

"See? It's not so bad in here," I said as I stepped in behind her, shutting the door as I did. Now I took the time to examine Courtney. She certainly was a sight. I compared her height to me and how easy it was to hold her that she would stand at about 5'6" and around only 130 pounds from when Tyler and I had to pick her up. She was a slim thing for sure, slender, though in a good way. Her blonde, wave-like hair fell nicely over her shoulders, framing her heart-shaped face and bringing out her big blue orbs. I noticed her shift under my gaze and decided it was probably best to get on with things.

"Alright, give me any and all electronics you have on you." I held up a hand quickly to keep her silent. "Before you try and refuse, let me just say, that either you hand them over to me nice and easy, or I'll simply frisk you and find them myself," I stated flatly, making sure I was going to get them. "I wouldn't mind option two one bit," I added giving her a cocky smirk.

I watched as she stepped back, extending the space that was between us. I could see she was taking me threat seriously. Smart girl. She reached into her back pocket and pulled out a phone, holding it out to me. She had a fearful look in her blue eyes as they rested on me.

"T-that's all I have." Her voice shook as she spoke, as well as her hand as she held the phone out. Her other was balled into a fist and was now being held against her chest. I knew she was scared of me, but that just meant I didn't have to do anything to make sure of it. I stepped towards her and took the phone, quickly getting into since there was no password.

"And I was hoping you would choose option two," I chuckled as I scanned through her phone. There it is! I had found Daniel's number and now quickly memorized it. I was good like that. Being out here for as many years I have, you have to learn to memorize whatever is useful quickly. Satisfied, I let the phone drop from my hand and slammed the heel of my boot down onto it. I heard the crackle of glass and plastic as it broke beneath my foot, as well as saw Courtney visibly flinch as it probably scared her a bit.

"If, and when, word gets out that you're missing, that," I said as I motioned to the now bits of glass and plastic, "might have caused a problem, considering it could have been tracked." I bent down and picked up the pieces, walking over to the small trash can in the corner. "I hope you didn't have anything too important on there." I smirked as I watched the pieces rest at the bottom of the trash can.