Chapter 25 - Gun Point

Hunter's POV

John jumped into the room before me, holding the gun up and even with Daniel. "Drop the phone, set the gun down, and don't move," he warned in a voice that left no room for argument. I stepped into the room behind him, my eyes first landing on Alex who sat against the wall clutching his shoulder.

I went over to him quickly, crouching down beside him. "Ah man, Alex," I murmured moving his hand gently to see his shoulder was wrapped up. The cloth had a faint red patch where it soaked up blood, but not much. Alex just grunted weakly as he looked over at me, like his wound didn't matter.

"I knew you would work fast," he said. I smiled a bit seeing that he still had his sense of humor and then moved the cloth to inspect his wound. He drew in a sharp breath as I touched it. "It's not that bad," he said though clenched teeth. "Courtney took care of it quickly," he said nodding to the side. I looked over to see that diagonal from us sat Courtney.

The sight that greeted me made me want to pound Daniel even more than before. Courtney was practically cowering in the chair beside Daniel as he held a gun towards her. He wasn't on the phone anymore, but the police would be on their way by now. Whatever we were going to do, we needed to do it fast.

Courtney caught my gaze with a look of fear and relief. I hated seeing that fear in her beautiful blue eyes once again. I needed to get her out of here as soon as possible.

My attention snapped to Daniel as I heard him speaking to me and John. "Don't come any closer," he warned. "I will use this again." Courtney went pale as she looked at the gun. It made me sick to see that Daniel, the guy who claimed to have loved her, was using Courtney's fear against her. I wanted to kill him.

John still held his gun steady, trained on Daniel's chest. "Listen, boy," he growled. "You shoot her, I shoot you. You don't shoot her, I still might shoot you. Got it?" I watched Daniel quickly, my fists clenching at my sides. Either way, I won't let you go without at least a black eye.

Daniel had his gaze trained on John as if to weigh his options here. He then looked at me, and finally at Courtney. I noticed Courtney flinch under his gaze then he looked at me once more. His gaze was cold, distant, and full of malice and jealousy. It seemed almost foreign for this man to hold such a gaze. "The police are on their way," he hissed. "You all will be in jail before long, so I have no worry about any of this."

Now I stood up, leaving Alex's side to take a step towards Daniel. He turned the gun on me now, and I knew he wouldn't think twice about shooting me. However, it was better that I get shot than Courtney. John raised his gun so it was level with Daniel's head now as he took a step towards me as a warning to Daniel.

"You better listen closely," I said, keeping my voice low and smooth. I have been told that I am more menacing when I keep my voice in check. Daniel's eyes were shifting between me and John and I could tell he was getting nervous. "You can shoot me or you can drop the gun, but either way, I am getting Courtney, collecting Alex, getting out of this house, and we will be long gone before the cops make it within a mile of this place."

I felt my finger tips begin to go numb because of how tightly I had them clenched. Daniel kept his gaze even with mine. "You do realize that your threats mean nothing to me. I have enough money to have someone hunt you down and land you in jail for years." He furrowed his eyebrows slightly in speculation. "Why should I be scared of you?"

John took the lead this time. "You may have money, but it will be your words against ours. If you haven't noticed, the only evidence you have about anything between us is that blood stain on the wall from Alex. That, however, proves that the gun was in your possession and you were the one who shot someone."