Chapter 34 - Front Porch Line

Courtney's POV

I smiled and shook my head as Alex once again asked if I needed anything. For the past week, he has practically overstepped Hunter in some ways. As soon as he walks through the door, it seems like I am the only thing on his mind any more. He has made it his mission to make sure everything was alright, everything was in order, and I was as comfortable as I wanted to be.

It was really sweet, though sometimes he does over do it. Like right now, for the third time today, he is asking if I need anything, or if there was anything he could do for me. Hunter sat next to me, rolling his eyes slightly. "Bro, nothing has changed within the last few hours," He said as his thumb stroked my arm as I sat against his side. "You've been here the whole time and haven't seen anything change, right?"

John smirked as he looked at his phone, no doubt texting his girlfriend. I recently learned that his girlfriend had a rather wealthy father, though he doesn't seem to like John because he was involved with Hunter and the gang. "Looks like someone is becoming more and more like his brother everyday," he said teasing lightly.

Alex sat back against the chair, sighing heavily. "Come on, I'm just making sure. Is there a law against worrying about your older brother's girlfriend?"

Hunter huffed. "No, but you are beginning to worry a little too much. You're beginning to act like you're the one having the baby." I smiled as Alex rolled his eyes. They are way more alike than they'll ever know.

I laughed softly as I looked at Alex. "I'm fine," I said softly, "I don't need anything and I'm well taken care of around here." He looked at me and finally nodded as Hunter drew me closer to his side and kissed the side of my head.

The morning sickness I've been experiencing doesn't take me by surprise anymore. I've also been using John's laptop now and then to check on things that I should be aware of. Hunter and I have slowly begun to get some things that we will need. However, there is still a lot on our list for this child. Other than that, things are going well. I'm starting to get more excited about this baby with every passing day, and I can tell Hunter is too.

I was taken out of my thoughts, however, when I heard a knock at the door. Everyone look away from whatever they may have been focusing on, and wore confused looks as they looked at each other. It was obvious that no one was expecting company. Finally, Alex stood up. "I guess I'll get it."

Hunter looked over at me with a look of concern, but I just simply shrugged. However, when Alex turned to look back at us, his expression caused me to begin to worry. "Hunter? It's for you."

Hunter frowned and stood up, walking over to the door. I watched him tense as he saw whoever was out there, and his fists clenched. "What are you doing here?" I could hear the growl clearly in his voice and I stood up. However, before I could make it over to him, Alex gently grabbed my wrist.

I looked over at him, though he kept his gaze down. But he didn't have to tell me anything because I heard the voice of who was at the door. "Oh come on, Hunter. You don't have to act so vicious towards me."

Katherine...

I took my wrist out of Alex's grasp, moving up to stand behind Hunter. I gently touched his shoulder blade so he would know that I was there, but he never moved his gaze off of the intruder in front of him. "What are you doing here, Katherine?" He asked again, the same growl holding even in his voice.

I stiffened as I saw her gaze land on me now. "Well, I see that Princess is still here," she spat and Hunter reached behind him, grasping my hand. "Look, Hunter," she said with a disgusted sigh, turning her gaze back to him. "I just need to talk with you. Can I come in so I can get this over with?"