Chapter 33 - Uncle Alex

Hunter's POV

My mind seemed to continually wander as I made Courtney pancakes. It was a relief to know that both of us wanted to keep this baby, that we each wanted the same thing for our future together. It made my chest swell with joy to know that we were fully on the same page now.

I made the call to John and Alex before I started the pancakes, and John sounded as if he had been waiting on the call ever since we had talked. He asked immediately what it was that we decided, but I told him that he would have to wait till later to know. Alex was given the same answer to his questions as to what was going on.

He kept asking if everything was alright with Courtney and me, making sure nothing horrible had happened between us. It made me smile as I thought about it now. For being just a few years younger than I am, he acted very attentive to what went on in my life. At some points, it even felt as if we had switched rolls completely.

I had finally assured him that everything was fine with us, and that we just needed to have a talk this afternoon. I told him that Courtney and John would be joining us, and I am positive that he is thinking about it even now. He was probably wondering what in the world could be so important as to have everyone there for a talk.

It was kind of funny really to see how he analyzed some things over others. Eventually, however, he finally said okay and stated that he would be picking up lunch. I heard footsteps behind me that brought me out of my thoughts. Minutes later, I felt arms wrap around my abs and a head lay gently between my shoulder blades.

Courtney.

I smiled as I heard her sigh softly before she spoke. "Are the pancakes done?" She asked, and I had no doubt that the smell was torturing her. My suspicions were confirmed when she stated that the smell was killing her. I chuckled softly as I flipped the pancake in the pan before turning in her arms.

"Almost done," I said looking down at her. "I just have few more then you can eat all the pancakes you want." She smiled up at me and I felt my heart pound at the sight of that smile. "Oh, by the way," I said quickly, "I called John and Alex. They will be here for lunch and Alex is picking it up."

She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head slightly. "What is he bringing?"

I simply shrugged. "I have no idea. But, knowing him, it's probably pizza or Chinese." I was beginning to think that he may be a pizza or Chinese addict of some sort. It seemed like that was all he ate anymore.

She rolled her eyes and let go of me, walking over to the cabinets to grab some glasses. I turned back to the stove and finished up the pancakes. We worked in companionable silence, neither feeling the need to really fill the silence with talking. It was nice to know that we were comfortable with each other, even when silence crept in.

Once the pancakes were done, I brought the plates over to the table and saw that she had a mug of coffee made at the table for me, and a glass of orange juice for herself. She sat in her chair and licked her lips slightly as she saw the pancakes, causing me to laugh softly.

"You spoil me too much," she said as she stood and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I looked over at her with a cheeky smile. "Yeah, but you're worth spoiling," I said and sat down in my chair. She sat once more and I set pancakes on both of our plates, not daring to keep her waiting for them any longer. As we ate, we talked now and then between bites, but most of the time was spent in comfortable silence.

Once breakfast had passed, the rest of the morning time I spent by looking over the documents that John and I kept concerning our money. Meanwhile, Courtney made a list of things she thought we would need for the baby. As she made a list out, I made a silent plan concerning the needs of our baby, hoping I could surprise Courtney with it later on.