Epilogue

3 Years Later

I stood behind the stove as I breathed in the yummy aroma of the dinner I was preparing. It was one of Lindsey's recipes once again. Setting the lid back on the pot, I wiped my hands on the small towel nearby, then leaned against the counter for a moment.

Looking around the kitchen, I smiled as I took in how much more homey it looked compared to when we first moved in. Everything was well organized, clean, and decorated wonderfully. Everything felt like a welcoming home.

Looking down, I looked at the diamond ring that graced my finger. Memories of mine and Hunter's wedding danced in my mind, causing me to smile. Hunter had looked very handsome as he stood there at the pulpit. He had been dressed in a black tux, his hair was combed neat and tidy, and his eyes sparkled as he watched me. They had held love and amazement, and on more than one occasion he has told me just how beautiful I had looked.

My wedding dress was floor length with a lovely train flowing behind it. A thin vail laid over my hair and beautiful white heels were hidden beneath my dress. My blonde hair was pinned back slightly, my bangs had been curled gracefully to the side, and my curls were loose and bouncy. Lindsey had done my makeup, along with being my maid-of-honor. She had worn a very light pink dress.

Our wedding was a small one; nothing big, nothing fancy. It was just us and a few friends, and we were happy with it. Of course John and Alex had been there, and I do believe that I saw Alex tear up a few times. He was the groomsman for Hunter, and John was his best man. They both had looked wonderful in their tuxes, though Alex was the one that seemed so very grown up.

I had gotten in touch with some of my old acquaintances, those who hung out with me on the days, or weeks, that I was alone. Though they really hadn't been worried to not hear from me for so long, they were surprised by my story. There were parts that I purposefully left out, but they were more in shock about me walking out on Daniel over everything else. That's just how odd they were.

The pitter-patter of small feet brought me out of my thoughts, and I smiled as a little girl came running into the kitchen. "Daddy's home!" she exclaimed excitedly and then ran right back out to meet Hunter at the door. Our little Elizabeth Jane Adams was now three, and she was a daddy's girl through and through.

She came to us on a very late night, and Hunter had been worried the whole time I was in the hospital. The doctors couldn't get him to leave at all because he was so determined to remain at my side, holding my hand through the whole delivery. It was when the nurse had brought her out, all wrapped up in a pink blanket, that I saw the truth sink into Hunter. He had been there for the check-ups and the ultrasounds, but it seems that finally seeing our little girl was what made the truth hit home.

He had been ever so careful with the small bundle and had looked at it with the softest, tender gaze I had ever seen in his eyes. His rough side had completely melted away for that moment, being replaced by the look of a new father. Alex had been excited beyond words when he and John were finally allowed into the room. They were now uncles with a beautiful little niece. Alex had immediately wanted to hold her so badly.

Now, here she was, running as fast as she could everywhere she went. She had Hunter's brunette hair, green eyes, and tan skin. She was all energy and play, and she had Hunter wrapped around her little finger.

I huffed with amusement at the thought and turned back to the stove to make sure I didn't burn the dinner. I heard the door open, followed by the excited, "Daddy!" from Elizabeth. Yep. Hunter is definitely home from work.

Hunter's new job was a relatively simple one for him to adjust to. He was a mechanic now at a well off dealership, earning a decent paycheck. He seemed happy with this new job, though it had taken quite a bit to get hired. Having so many close calls with the police is bound to raise suspicion, but since he didn't have warrants or an arrest record, they didn't really have any evidence for reasons not to hire him. But he is happy where he is, and hasn't said a single word of complaint against it so far.