*5*

"Dad?" i called out, stepping away from the crime scene of the locker room. He paused, turning back but not letting go of Athena's arms.

"Yea?"

"Can i talk to her for a second?" i asked, the betrayal finally sinking in.

"Of course, but i'm not leaving." he assured. I nodded, stepping forwards.

"Was all of it a lie? Us, i mean." i said, arms crossed against my chest.

"I loved you Addie, at first. But then you told me about the Scott, and it all went to shit." she grinned.

"And what about Sydney?" i asked.

"Oh no, i'm dating Garrett." she chuckled.

"Garrett's your brother." i deadpanned.

"Oh no, he's my boyfriend. And he'll come for me."

"We'll be ready for him." My dad sounded.

"3 years, how much of that was true?"

"About a year. Honestly, you call yourself intuitive." she rolled her eyes.

"I told you about Allison. About Isaac and Boyd. About Erica and Aiden." i seethed.

"Oh, they would be so proud of you honey." She mocked. I turned around, walking away to find Stiles.

I really need a hug.

***

The night was full of tears and embraces, and Liam. I heard a crash in my bedroom when i was washing my face, walking out to find Liam on the floor below my window. He had told me he knew how i felt, a part of him feeling betrayed all the same.

He had invited me to come running with him in the morning, with Mason. I had said yes, smiling and brushing my teeth.

"So what's the deal with you and Mason anyways." Liam asked, laying on my bed.

"Oh we dated a couple years back." i shrugged, putting away my toothbrush.

"Wait- You're that Addie?"

"Yea, we were just kids so we don't really count eachother as exes."

"He told me about you." he smiled.

"Yea. I guess you've been friends for a while." i smiled.

"Yea, since we were in diapers."

"You're that Liam?" i exclaimed, hands over my mouth.

"I guess."

"No way! So you're the one that accidentally killed a kitten?"

"It was shivering! I thought it was cold!" he defended.

"So you covered it with a pillow?"

"I was 6!"

"Cat murderer." i grinned.

"And you're the one who eats nutella on watermelon." he shot back.

"It's good!"

"That's nasty!" Liam laughed. Our laughter died down, and we both sighed.

"What happened in the locker room?" I asked him. He looked awfully confused, so i continued. "I mean, I know what happened but i wanna know from your perspective."

"Well, i was angry, and i couldn't think and everything was moving too fast. And then i felt this.. warmth. I don't know how to explain it but it was like i could breathe again, and then i felt your hand on my shoulder and it helped me focus, you know? I wasn't angry anymore." he shook his head, "What happened in your terms?"