*35*

I awoke to a continuous tapping sound, as if someone were typing an essay. Dad seemed to hear it too because he turned to look at the opposite side of his bed.

"Is that my laptop?"

"Yep." Stiles answered simply, still tapping away at the keyboard.

"Can you shut up?" i grumble, looking at the time on my phone. It was 6am and i had only been asleep for a couple of hours.

"You have my password?" Dad asks, both of them ignoring my comment.

"I have all your passwords." he nods slightly, "Did you know they just brought in another body last night?"

"Yeah, i was hoping you wouldn't find out." he groans, sitting up in bed, "Now gimme my damn computer." He tries to take it out of Stiles' hands, but he moves it further away with a look of shock written across his face.

"Hang on, hang on, there's some footage missing or there's something missing in the footage."

"I think there's something missing in your head." Dad scoffs, reaching his arm out further to grab the laptop.

"I second that." i raise my arm, accepting that i wasn't going to get anymore sleep anytime soon.

"You need to rest." Stiles waved him off. I stood up, stretching my legs and walking over to sit by my brother. He played a piece of the footage, both of our eyes widening at the sight before us: a beast.

"Addie, do me a favour and go down to the station? I need to review a few files. I would ask Stiles but.." he trails off, looking at the open laptop on the boy's lap.

"Yep, i've got it." i nod, walking swiftly out of the door and through the halls.

***

"Hayden." i breathed, the girl sitting on the bench outside the sheriff's office stood.

"Addie." she simply said.

"I uh- I called you. After the Nemeton, i mean."

"I know." she nodded.

"You didn't answer."

"I know." she said again.

"Why?"

"You left me for dead." her voice lowered, as did her brows, her eyes flitting to her sister.

"You were dead." i shook my head.

"But you left."

"I'm sorry."

"Did you mourn?" she almost mocks.

"Of course i did." i step forwards a little, reaching out to hold her hand, "I can't believe you're alive."

"No thanks to you." she hissed.

"How are you? I asked Viv but, i figured she didn't know."

"I'm fine," she says, seemingly hearing someone call her, pulling her hand from mine. "I have to go."

"Oh, okay." i mumbled, she had already walked away.

***

"Hey, dad? I'm gonna head to the animal clinic." I look up from Scott's text. "Deaton's on holiday leave and Scott's busy so there's no one to feed the animals."

"I'll be okay, go."

"Are you sure?" He picks up the controls to his bed, the one with the big red button that you press to request a nurse.

"Go."

***

"Okay Simba, here you go." i place the last bowl of food into the last cage, closing it softly as the kitten begun to dig in.