*9*

Everyone waited around the fire as one of the players from the team brought the flame, all excited to see the flames dance across the structure the art department had built, signalling the start of their night.

And it did, combusting into a much bigger flame, spreading across the entire structure in a spiral. The music started playing, and we all cheered, raising our cans, cups and bottles. Lights danced around our feet, into the sky while people danced like they were having the best time of their lives.

"Liam! Come and dance with me!" i yelled over the music, swaying my hips to the beat. I had already downed 2 entire bottles of Vodka and coke, telling Liam that it was the quickest way to get drunk. He was still quite sober, werewolf powers and all, but me? I'm human. I was quite drunk to say the least.

"I will in a bit!" he yelled, smiling at my awful dancing. I looked over to my right and gasped, running over.

"Malia!" i yelled, almost tripping over my own feet.

"Hey!" she yelled back, grabbing me by the arms and making me dance with her. We danced for a while before Scott came up to us.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" he asked over the music, his smile growing as he looked at Malia.

"Getting drunk!" Malia answered, ruffling up her own hair.

"What're you doing Scooter?" i hiccupped, throwing my head back as i danced.

"Tryna make sure no one gets hurt." he replied, looking at me with concern. "How much have you had to drink?" i held up my fingers, my finger and my thumb really close together, squinting my eyes.

"That sounds fun too." Malia smiled sarcastically, taking a swig of her drink. I held out my hands for some, but Scott took it from me, handing it back to Malia as i pouted.

"I don't wanna ruin your night or anything, but we kind of can't get drunk."

"What?" Malia said, stopping all movements, so i copied.

"Yea, i think it has something to do with our healing, trust me i've tried. You're not gonna feel anything." Scott smiled.

"Maybe you should tell that to him." Malia said, pointing to Liam.

"Yea, he won't dance with me." i pouted, crossing my arms as Malia started to dance again. I ran over to Liam, laying down on the bench behind Mason with my head on Liam's lap. He was laughing at something Mason said.

"Why?" he giggled, and i could've sworn my heart skipped a beat. His smile was contagious, plastering a wide smile on my lips. And his giggle erupted the butterflies once again, they'd been released from their cage and they didn't show any signs of retreating back home.

He laid a hand on my head, and just that was enough to know that he felt them too, he was trying to calm me down. It worked, the butterflies leaving, the sensation being replaced by a warm, comforting one.

"Cause then maybe when i ask you what's going on, you'll be too drunk to lie." Mason shrugged.

"It's okay Liam, i'll tell him." I took a deep breathe, looking at Mason. "We're soulmates." i said with a completely straight face.

"Sure you are." Mason smiled, patting my arm. "I wanna be in love like you guys." Mason sighed.

"We're not in love." Liam defended, smiling with his hand still in my hair, twirling a curl around a finger.