*12*

"Everything's fine. I got a text this morning, he said he might be a little late." Stiles reassured us, walking into the boys locker room. It was a regular thing for me now, as long as i don't go near the showers i'm fine.

"How late is late? Is he always late?" Liam blurted out, anxiety raging in the pit of my stomach. I laced my fingers with his, calming him down a little.

"We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. He- he shouldn't be late."Liam sighed, speeding up again at the end causing me to slightly squeeze his hand.

"Who shouldn't be late?" Coach said, overhearing us.

"Uh oh. Coach, really it's noth-" i started, but Liam cut me off hesitantly.

"Scott and Kira."

"They might be slightly late." Stiles assured, as if that was going to tame Coach's reaction.

"Wh-eh-what? Slightly late is still late." He stammered. "What are they doing?" I looked back at the boys, who were both wide eyed and avoiding eye contact.

"They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." Stiles explained, still looking elsewhere.

"Oh my god." i whispered frustratedly.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?"

"Devils tango." i mumbled under my breath, Liam trying to hold in a snicker. Stiles only rolled his eyes.

"Oh, Coach." Stiles muttered as Coach realised, his face paling.

"Get dressed. Small, you can stay with me." he ordered.

"Yes Coach." Stiles said, wandering off. I looked to Liam, saluting him before he turned around, smiling to himself.

"Help me carry these." Coach said, handing me two duffel bags, i'm guessing balls and sticks.

"Sir yes sir!" i chanted, saluting Coach as he chuckled.

"You're the better sibling." he smiled.

"You hear that Stiles! I'm the better sibling!" i yelled into the locker room.

"Oh shut up Squirt!" he yelled back, my face reddening at the name.

"Stop calling me that you asshole!" i yelled back, walking out to the field

***

I walk up the bleachers, sitting with Mason and Sydney, taking my banner from Sydney. Which i hand painted by the way. The things i do for this boy.

"Hey Syd, you okay?"

"I'm okay, it was only a week." she smiles, and i wear i can see her facade break for a split second before its back up again.

"Guys it's starting!" Mason tapped my arm excitedly, causing us to swivel our heads to the game. Stiles got the ball, and stood still.

"STILES!" i yelled, "RUN YOU DUMBASS!" Instead of running, he was tackled by 4 other players. i sighed as Liam crouched infront of him.

"Idiot." i sighed, putting my head in my hands.

***

The whistle signalling half time, a break for the boys. I run down to the bleachers, sitting next to Liam with Stiles on the other side of me.

"All right, none of them are answering." i sighed, holding up my phone.

"I gotta go see what's going on." Stiles said, putting his stick on the bench beside him.