*16*

"Oh my god." i gawked, staring into the fairy lights that were hung up like bunting across the trees. A small picnic blanket blanket lay in the centre of all of it, in front of the welcome home sign that was strung up across the same trees where he stood. I ran forwards, jumping into his arms, my hands around his neck and my legs around his middle.

"I missed you so much." he sighed, breathing me in. It was weird, our connection. While i was in Europe, i could barely feel him, i constantly called him to make sure he was okay. But since being back, it's stronger, like distance affects it.

"I missed you more." i smiled, pulling back and pressing my lips to his. He kissed back immediately, but it was short lived as my brothers began to cough obnoxiously loud, causing us to pull back and Liam to put me back on the ground. I twirled back around, looking to the trees and the lights. "How long did this take?"

"Only a couple of hours." Stiles shrugged as i gave in to his open arms.

"Thank you." i smiled into his chest, pulling back immediately after. "Okay, that's enough affection for you." i grimaced, wiping down my shirt.

"Okay, wow." Stiles said, offended.

"It's all love, brother." i smirked, sitting on the blanket and laying back, looking to the stars.

"What are you doing?" Stiles rolled his eyes. I couldn't see it, but i could hear it in his voice.

"Star gazing." i breathed, smiling up at the twinkling sky as Liam laid beside me. The clouds moved at a fast pace, hiding the moon at points.

"Stargazing" Stiles mocked, "next you're gonna go cloud watching."

"I actually went cloud watching with Isaac in France, it's very calming. You should try it." i smiled at him, tilting my head back towards the sky. I could feel Liam's eyes burning into the side of my head, as Scott spoke up.

"We're gonna go to the Jeep, meet us back there in 10?" i nodded, turning my head to look at Liam as they walked away.

"Hey! No funny business you hear me?!" Stiles yelled back, causing us to chuckle. As soon as they were gone, Liam kissed me. He kissed me like he'd never tasted my lips before. He kissed me with longing and desperation. Like we were deprived of touch for months on end, but i guess that's how it had felt for both of us. And not because of our connection, because we both longed to be in eachother's arms. We both wished for the distance to be so much less that what it had been.

And i guess we both got what we wished for.

***

"Is it a party?" Liam asked from the backseat, his hand still entertained with mine as he leant forwards in his seat, poking his head between the two front seats.

"It is not a party." Stiles deadpanned, looking awfully bored, his thumb tapping against the wheel.

"Then what's at midnight?" he asked.

"Your bedtime." Stiles nodded, eyebrows raised.

"Why aren't the girls going?" Liam asked again.

"They're meeting us there, okay? And just stop asking questions, alright? It's a senior thing. You'll know when you're a senior." Stiles scoffed back.

"You guys having trouble with your phones?" Scott asked, looking up from his phone for the first time since we got in the car just as the engine splutters to a stop.

"Oh. What the hell?" Stiles exclaimed, the car slowing to a stop completely.

"You out of gas?" I asked, moving my head forwards to try and see the gas meter.