*24*

"Hey, are you alright?" Scott asked softly, wandering over and sitting beside me while i nibbled on my finger. I nodded, my leg bouncing up and down.

"It's okay not to be, you know that right?" i nodded, still staring at the floor. There was a long silence as Scott's hand rubbed light circles on my back in an attempt at comfort.

"I'm just gonna go home." i sighed, "you guys don't need me here." I rose to my feet reluctantly.

I didn't want to go, but i didn't want to stay either. I knew that Liam could hear me, and could feel the emotions rolling through my body, but he had made no effort to assure me otherwise. If it were me talking to Brett as he was with Hayden, it would be a completely different story.

"You can't leave, it's not safe." Liam protested, finally looking up from their conversation.

"I don't care." i quipped, pulling my bag out of his locker with a loud clank.

"Addie, be reasonable here." he pleaded. His voice almost sounded resentful, as if he were only now realising what he was doing. I ignored him, pulling his jumper off and throwing it into his locker. "Addie, wait." He stood infront of me, blocking my way out.

"Please move." i sighed, just standing there. I made no effort to push past him, my want to stay larger than my want to leave.

"Me and Hayden talk all the time, it's not like that." he said, almost annoyed. I scoffed.

"You've only been friends for a day, Liam." i pointed out, folding my arms over my chest.

He doesn't say anything, he just stands there before me with his hands hung by his sides.

"I love you so much, and nothing will change that. But you are acting as if we aren't even dating, as if i'm not standing right behind you as you flirt with her." i scoffed, my smile faltered and my bottom lip trembled.

"Addie i wasn't-"

"How long have i been sat at your locker?" i lifted my eyes to look directly into his.

"Five minutes." he responded quickly.

"Twenty." i corrected, looking into his eyes with tears in my own. "I've been gone for twenty minutes but you were too hung up on Hayden to notice. Oh, but if it were Brett talking to me the way you were, it would be a completely different story."

"I was just talking to her, that's it." he defended, but i could feel the guilt in my gut telling me otherwise.

"Liam, i'm not stupid. I think you forget that i can feel what you feel."

"No, i don't. I physically can't forget, it's infuriating!" he threw his arms in the air, shaking his head as i begun to slowly nod my head. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Infuriating." i nodded, pushing past him to walk out of the locker room, wiping my eyes hastily.

"Addie, wait." he chased after me, so i stopped and turned around.

"The bond is weaker the further away i am, let me do you a favour and make you less infuriated."

"Addie, please just- just stay." he pleaded, "You're not infuriating, you know that's not what i meant."

"Then what did you mean?" I crossed my arms over my chest, tilting my head in question.

"I meant it's infuriating to be unable to help fight, because if i get hurt, you could die. And i can't bear to lose you, because i wouldn't survive." he blurted out, the peaks of his cheeks tinted a pinkish colour. "So please just stay."