*19*

"Lydia? Lydia!" i yelled, running to meet her mother by her bed she was being wheeled away on.

"Adelaide?" Ms Martin asked, holding Lydia's hand.

"Is she gonna be okay?" i asked, trying to catch my breath.

"Addie-"

"Just tell me she's going to be alright!" i pleaded.

"She's going to be just fine." One of the doctors smiled to me, leaving me to watch as she's wheeled around the corner and to the operating room, Ms Martin following after her.

"Addie?" I heard a voice from behind me, quickly fixing my worried face to turn around to face my boyfriend and Scott.

"Hey." i smiled as we walked back to the group, seeing Theo. My smile became genuine, walking swiftly towards him and into his open arms.

"Hey." he smiled down at me.

I smiled back, releasing him and stepping back towards Liam as the rage in my gut fired up, rolling my eyes.

"Alright, she's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that i need to know about or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?" Melissa sighed.

"It was the tail." Kira breathed.

"Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail, if that makes a difference." Scott rushed out.

"Okay." Melissa nodded, rushing off.

"But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others. The guys in the masks." Malia reminded them, but they all looked like they didn't believe her.

***

"Go to bed Ad." Stiles hissed, writing 'MASKED KILLERS' on his crime board, followed by 'Tracy Stewart'.

"No, I want to help." i insisted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Addie. We spoke about this. You shook on it." He shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows at me in confusion.

"Well, now i'm unshaking on it." i said with confidence, head held to the sky.

"You can't do that."

"I can too."

"No, you can't."

"Um, yes i can."

"No, you cannot, what part of this do you not-"

"I'm not going to bed."

"Addie?" Malia spoke.

"Mhm?"

"Go to bed."

"Okay." i smiled, walking out of Stiles' room.

"You're kidding!" Stiles groaned in frustration, "All i had to do was ask you to ask her?"

I climbed into bed, sinking into my mattress, checking my phone for any new messages. When i was sure there were none, i closed my eyes.

I remembered the nights i shared with Liam, the ones where we kissed, and we talked about everything and everything all through the night. The way his lips moulded to mine perfectly, like they were made for eachother. And that's when the realisation hits me that they were.

We were soulmates. Truly soulmates. I let it sink in, thinking of all the moments where we shared the same excitement and giddiness, the same happiness and joy. And suddenly all of the painful emotions and injuries we'd shared, they became worth it. They were always worth it, but this was my awakening. Our awakening. And it had hit me just before my mind wandered into the land of sleep.