*14*

Scott?! Kira?!" Stiles yelled, holding up a flashlight. He stopped ahead of me, looking afraid.

"Stiles? What is it- Kira!" i exclaimed at the sight of her bloody figure, rushing to her side.

"Are you okay?" he asked frantically, scanning her body.

"It's Scott. Stiles, it's Scott." she blurted out, urgently.

"What?"

"The Berserker. It's him. Kate did it."

"Woah, what are you talking about?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion.

"She made him into one of them. I don't know how, but it's him." Kira repeated. "And if they don't know it, they could kill him."

"That's why Lydia!s not here." Stiles realised, "They won't know they're killing Scott."

"We have to go, come on!" i exclaimed, starting down the hall in a sprint, back the way we came.

***

"Derek!" i heard from outside, Braeden's shouts. I froze.

No. No, this can't be happening. Not right now, not ever.

"No." i whimpered, bringing my hands up to my mouth. Stiles came to my side, guiding me out back into the open room.

Peter and Liam were holding Scott's arms behind his back, not knowing that it was him, and Malia was about to strike. The same knife used to kill Derek.

"Stop!" i yelled, Liam turning to look at me, tears in his eyes. "Please stop." i whispered, as Kira sliced the weapon in half.

"It's Scott." Stiles blurted out. "It's Scott." Liam looked into the skull, recognition washing over his face. The moment of weakness sent him flying across the room, landing at my feet. Malia tried to intercept, but was also thrown to the floor, a fist thrown in her face.

Liam had sat up, scooting backwards as Scott walked towards us. I backed up, Liam still in front of me.

"Scott?" i whimpered, my back against the wall as Liam stood up, shielding me with his body.

"Scott? Scott don't!" Kira pleaded.

"Scott? Scott it's me." Stiles said, holding out his hands. In return, Scott punching him in the face, throwing him back too.

"Stiles!" i gasped.

He picked Liam up by his shirt, pushing him against it and adjusting his hands so he was holding his Beta up by his neck. I struggled to breathe as he did. I gasped for air, clawing at my own neck with wide eyes.

"Scott." Liam choked out. He looked at me, veins bulging out of my head as his hold around Liam's neck became tighter and tighter.

"Scott, Scott! Listen to me!" he managed, taking in as much breath as he can. "You're not a monster! You're a werewolf! Like me."

His grip loosened for a moment, allowing me to get some air, gasping.

And just like that, the air was gone again. His grip had tightened. It was as if he were having a battle with himself. The grip tightened and then loosened again, until he dropped him altogether, a crack sounding. Liam rushed over to my side as i gasped, trying to breathe but being consumed by coughs, the air scratching at my already raw throat.

"Breathe, slowly." he rubbed my back, Stiles rushing over to me. I slowly was able to breathe again, looking up to find the skull of the Berserker being torn in half, whatever spell used to create the armour being broken.