*30*

"She's getting worse." Liam urged where he sat in the corner, Hayden leant against his chest.

"Oh my god." i rushed forwards, sitting beside them, stroking her hair from her face.

"I think she's dying." Liam whispered loudly.

"No." i shook my head, holding her face in my hands, "Hayden, stay awake."

"It's got to be some kind of mercury poisoning." Theo told Scott.

"Scott, remember what you promised me?" Liam spoke, "You said you'd do everything you could to save her. If she's a real werewolf, we can save her."

"Liam she'll die before she can even start the process of turning." i shook my head.

"No, she has to survive." Liam shook his head. "You've gotta give her the bite."

Hayden began groaning and wincing as her pain got worse, pleading with us all to make it stop. But we couldn't do anything. I wiped the tears from her cheeks, allowing tears of my own to roll down my face. She leaned into my touch as Scott said the one word Liam didn't want to hear.

"No."

"Liam." i warned as he stood up, jolting her forwards slightly. She winced with the movement, and he muttered a sorry before walking forwards to stand right infront of Scott.

"What do you mean no?" he asked, furious.

"Theo." i called him over, "Stay with her please." He nodded, allowing me to stand up and walk towards my boyfriend.

"Liam, look at her." Scott spoke softly. "Addie's right, she's too weak. It'll kill her. We don't know what the mercury's doing to her, we don't know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life."

"It saved mine." Liam shot back. I placed my hand on my scar, allowing the warmth to seep into his body, to try and calm him even if it is just a little bit.

"Well, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge."

"You promised." he seethed. "You said you'd do everything you could."

"Liam." I spoke, pulling his hand into mine.

"Which is why i'm not going to do something i think is going to kill her." He spoke, gasping for breath. "There has to be- there has to-"

"Scott." Theo spoke, throwing him an asthma pump. He took the asthma pump with wide eyes, bringing it to his mouth and inhaling. He took a beat to recover, looking down at the dirt-ridden laminate below us, slowly returning his head to look at the blonde.

"There's another way to save her." Scott spoke again, this time firm. Liam laced his fingers with mine, squeezing my hand slightly.

"Guys," Theo called out, "I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something!" He was sitting on the floor with her head on his shoulder. She was crying and squirming in pain while he brushed her hair away from her face, a hand over her forehead.

He was worried, and i had never seen him worried. He was always an optimist when we were younger, so it concerned me to know that he was concerned of all people.

***

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But the problem is, is that it can injure the kidneys and, Hayden only has one to begin with so." Melissa replied, putting the IV into her hand. Hayden groaned as it went in, Liam stepping forwards from behind me, grabbing Melissa's arm.