*23*

"Liam? You there?" I yelled up Scott's stairs, half hoping he had gotten here before me, which he had.

"Yea! Up here!" he yelled back, causing me to run up the stairs.

"Did you get her?" i asked as i found him alone by the bathroom door, on the ground.

"Yea, but there's a problem." he sighed, banging his head back against the wall. My eyes flitted from the door to Liam.

"She's not. Don't tell-" Liam cut me off with a small nod, letting out a long exhale and pulling his legs up to his chest, allowing his arms to drop by his sides.

"Hayden? Hayden you can come out. It's safe, i promise." i said softly through the door, sighing at the silence. "Come on Hayden, you can trust me."

"Go away." she sniffled.

"Oh, uh is she- is she uh- is she crying?" i stammered, backing up from the door.

"You remind me so much of your brother." he rolled his eyes, getting up.

"Please, Hayden. You know me." i said softly, Liam's fingers brushing up against mine.

"Not anymore." she matched my tone, running the tap just as Scott, Stiles and Lydia bounded up the stairs. I pointed to the door, stepping aside for Scott to get there.

"Hayden? It's Scott." He offers, sighing when there's no response. "I know that you're scared we just- We want to help."

"I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out, what happened?" Scott asked, turning to us.

"Don't look at me, i got here literally 5 minutes ago." i defended, putting my hands up in surrender.

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text Addie for two seconds and she locked herself in." he said, throwing his arms in the air and letting them drop back down to his sides in frustration.

"Why?" Scott asked, dumbfounded.

"I don't know." Liam shrugged.

"She's definitely a chimera?" Scott asked.

"I mean, her eyes were clearly glowing." i shrugged.

"She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'." Liam explained, using air quotes for the dramatics.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles spoke up, walking towards the door. "Hayden. It's Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face." i pointed out.

"Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or i'm gonna have to break it." Scott sighed, "it's okay if you don't wanna talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just- I need to know that you're okay in there." he spoke again, getting ready to break the door down as it unlocks, Scott slowly swinging it open with a light creak.

There stood Hayden, looking down at her fingers where claws sprung from their nail beds. She looked up, the glowing eyes of her own staring back at me, a little lighter than Liam's, meaning that she wasn't a true werewolf.

"I believe you."

***

"We're back to telluric currents?" Stiles sort of sighed and sort of asked as we stood around a map of them.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott explained to him.

"Okay so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asked, and I lunged forwards, tapping the school on the map.