*36*

"Are you coming?" Liam asked me as we approached Stiles fixing his jeep outside Scott's house.

"I think this is something you have to do alone." I flash him a comforting smile, this was the first time speaking to him after the supermoon. I turned around, jogging over to scare my brother. I jump on his back, covering his eyes. He jumps and spins around, calming down seconds later when he realises that it's me.

"Dude, i have the battery in my hand!" he exclaimed as i hopped off of his back.

"Whoops." i mocked, leaning against the car to speak with him.

"How's dad?"

"He called an hour ago to tell me to make sure you stay out of trouble." he tells me, tightening a bolt under the hood.

"Ha ha, what did he say really?" i speak dryly, folding my arms over my chest.

"He said he's being discharged soon, he's okay, to tell you not to worry about him, and to stay out of the waffles." he says, closing the hood behind me and sighing.

"What was wrong with it?"

"Overheated again." he scoffed.

"Where are you going?"

"Why do you have so many questions, jesus." he shakes his head, "We're going to get Kira from the desert."

"What the hell is she doing in the desert?" i scoff, kicking up a leg behind me.

"Her mom knows some people out there that were gonna help her control her kitsune side or something." Stiles waves his hand infront of him, "I don't know."

"Cool." There's a beat of silence before Stiles' voice fills my ears once again.

"Are you not gonna ask to come with?"

"Hell no," i scoffed and he almost looked offended, "All that sand flying everywhere, going in your mouth. Bleh. I'd be crunching it for days."

"Why would you be crunching it for days, just drink some water?" He looks awfully confused.

"They hide in your mouth." he looks at me like i'm crazy, "Scott! Just in time."

"Just in time for what?" he asks, hauling a duffel bag into the back seat.

"Stiles was about to go on one of his rants."

"I was n-"

"Bye Stiles! Bye Scott!" i call back, walking away to meet Liam in the driveway, "Have fun building your sandcastles or whatever!"

"That's not funny!" Stiles yelled back, watching me wave through the rearview mirror as he drove away.

I turn to a sulking Liam, my face falling in realisation, "It didn't go well?"

He shook his head, linking his fingers with mine.

"It's gonna take time." i spoke softly to the boy, slightly squeezing his hand in attempt to provide him some comfort. He's stressed and upset.

"Hey." he looks up from the floor, "He'll come around."

"I know." He sighs, and i can't help but pull him into a tight hug.

"Want some waffles?" i whisper with a smile,  and he nods.

***

"Did you see it?" Faith ran up behind her 'not boyfriend' who was panting behind the buses. He had tasked them with tracking down the beast Adelaide had seen on the security footage.

"It's too fast." He spoke through heavy breaths.

"But you could see it?" Tracy asked from behind the two of them. Theo nodded, following Faith as she begun to walk towards the entrance of the school.