Chapter 1: Let's break up.

I had the perfect high school love life.

How many people actually get to tell that tale? How many of us get to be proud of our high school relationships?

Well, From what I've heard, a number of people got married to their high school sweethearts, others think high school relationships never last. It made me wonder which of the two would be my case.

But, I guess we're here to find out.

Before I discovered what a high school love life was really all about, I sort of had the perfect high school... picture? I'm talking athletic handsome boyfriend, two beautiful sort-of-loyal friends, I was aceing all of my classes and the teachers loved me for it, and let's just say that my life was going great.

Hanging out with the popular kids made me feel like a popular kid, they made me feel as though I was one of them but turned out, they were in it to use my smart ass without me even realizing it.

Monday morning.

I heard the irritating sound of my alarm go off, I hammered my fist on top of it and stayed in bed, letting sleep take over me at a stride.

I hated Mondays more than anything in the world, but something made me snap my eyes open and put a smile on my face.

It was our one year anniversary.

How cliche, I know but I had a crush on Charlie since freshman year, hence why I literally fainted when he finally asked me out in junior year.

I lazily got out of bed and strolled to the bathroom, I took a shortest soothing shower of my life and hurried back to my room, I decided to wear a plain white t-shirt, blue denim jeans, Converse shoes and a leather jacket.

I heard Haley honk her car for me outside.

I quickly grabbed my backpack and trudged down the stairs, I grabbed an apple from the kitchen counter and ran out of the house.

I got in the back of Haley's red Jeep and released a breath.

"Bitch, what took you so long?" She hissed as she started the car.

"Good morning to you too." I said breathlessly.

Carley was on the passenger seat, she looked back at me and smiled, I smiled back.

The ride to school went in complete silence, good and comfortable silence since Haley was playing music.

After a thirty minute drive, she pulled up to the school parking lot but none of us got out.

"So, Emily, what are you and Charlie doing for your first anniversary?" Asked Haley, Carley also anchored her attention on me, waiting for my response.

Haley and Carley were beyond invested in my relationship with Charlie, I thought they were only trying to be there for me so I involved them in everything.

I mean, the two girls were beautiful, they were cheerleaders, rich kids, popular kids, you name it. how did I become friends with them? That's still a mystery to me, all I knew was that one minute I started dating Charles Morrison and then I was getting invited to cool parties the next.

"I was thinking I would just keep it simple and decorate my room with this big happy anniversary poster and then we would hookup later afterwards." I said to them, slightly lifting my shoulders.

Haley dramatically face palmed.

Of course she was about to disagree with me.

"Sweetie, you've been going out with the most popular guy at this school for a whole fucking year, what you need to do is go all out and do something fun for him here at school, you can always hookup later afterwards." She waves off with a smile on her face.