Chapter 8: How's that for proof.

Emily's POV.

After my last class on Monday, I made my way to my locker, opened it and shoved half of my books inside.

I had no idea where Adrian was but it was time for our everyday chores, I felt like he was avoiding me that entire day because of the fake dating thing.

The hallways were now empty and my stomach was rambling, begging me to eat something.

I closed my locker and literally jumped when I saw that Adrian was standing there like a creep.

"What the hell, man?" I slapped his shoulder, he didn't even flinch or respond, he leaned his shoulder against the locker beside mine and stared at me suspiciously.

I felt guilty.

"What?" I asked.

"I was thinking." He announced.

"About me?" I pointed at myself jokingly.

"Pff, you wish." His eyes dropped to my body.

I glared at him playfully.

"I was thinking about how we're going to sell ourselves out as a couple." He stated.

It wasn't like I was waiting for him to say those words all day or anything.

"I'm all ears." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You have to say you're in love with me." He declared.

I snorted a laugh, "What?"

"You heard me." He looked pretty serious.

"Tell me why should I do that?" I asked.

"Because he'll buy it." He shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

"No he won't, trust me I'd know because I dated him and saying that I love you will be suspicious because you and I were not on speaking terms just last week so..." I shrugged.

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, making it messy and fall on his face. Damnit. He looked like one of those badass movie characters.

"Okay but you're gonna say it at some point, right?" He asked, eagerly.

If I didn't know him better, I would have thought he looked desperate.

I grinned, "You're gonna have to earn it." I winked teasingly.

He scowled his face, "Don't do that." He shook his head at me, I laughed.

We heard voices approaching the hallway, Adrian moved to stand beside me, I turned to my side and looked at who was coming.

"Ready?" Adrian asked me.

I looked up at his tall figure, "For what?"

He rolled his eyes and shook his head at me.

I was going to ask what the hell he was up to when I smelled something, I tiptoed and sniffed his lips.

"Are you high right now?" I asked.

"Did you just sniff me?"

"Are you high?"

"I have to be high in order to do shit like this so please just shut up and play along." He ordered.

"What exactly are you going to do?" I felt so lost.

He narrowed his eyes at me like he didn't get me at all.

"What's going on here?" Asked a familiar voice.

Charlie and Carley were standing in front of us, curiousity written all over their faces.