Chapter 46: In The End. Part 2.

Five years later.

Adrian's POV.

"He hasn't called you yet?" Asked Drew as he sat next to me on the sofa, placing the six pack of beer on the coffee table. Drew and I were friends since the day I moved to LA. He moved to California to became an actor but he ended up becoming a professional male model and he had big designers signing him up for runway shows and photoshoots.

I shook my head no to his previous question.

I was currently waiting for the guy who called himself my 'manager,' he wasn't really my manager, just a guy who helped me audition for roles, I guessed that's what managers do but I didn't hire him, he just saw me practicing for an audition one day and he said he wanted to help me make it big, I let him help me because landing a role in an industry where every actor was connected and every director or writter knew exactly who they wanted for their movie wasn't easy.

I had been told 'NO' more than anyone could ever imagine, I wanted to give up every time someone told me no but I didn't give up, so I auditioned one last time for a movie that guys like me only dreamt of.

It was a movie where they had to call every famous young actor in Hollywood, directed by academy award winning director Tom Gathers, starring the famous Serena Ryan.

I wasn't expecting to get it, I knew I wouldn't get it.

We heard the front door shut then James walked into the living room and sighed, he looked tired and depressed.

"So?" Drew sounded eager, James just shook his head and dropped on the couch, taking off his hat.

I wasn't disappointed, I knew I wouldn't get it.

"Sorry, bro." Drew patted my shoulder.

"I give up. No more auditions." I said to them. "I think I'm gonna go ahead and become a pornstar now." I announced, Drew laughed.

"Why would you give up?" Asked James, reaching for a bottle of beer on the table.

"Every big director thinks my acting sucks." I pointed out dramatically.

"Everyone except for Tom Gathers." He opened the bottle with his teeth and had a sip. Drew and I turned to look at him.

"Dude, you just said he didn't get it." Said Drew.

"I said no such thing, I shook my head and y'all assumed." He shrugged, I widened my eyes at him, he smiled at us.

"No fucking way, He got it?" Drew screamed beside me, I just froze.

"He got it." James confirmed.

"You're not fucking with me?" I pointed at him.

"No, I showed him your audition tape and he just looked at you and said yes, he's exactly what I imagined Ashton to look and sound like, I want him." He explained.

"Wait, isn't Ashton like the lead?" Asked Drew, sounding confused.

"I didn't audition for the fucking lead." I shook my head.

"He said he wants you to play the fucking lead." He chuckled, swinging another sip.

"Oh my God, you're gonna be kissing Serena Ryan." Said Drew, I turned to look at him with narrowed eyes.

"What? I'm jealous." He lifted his shoulders dismissively. I didn't blame him, Serena Ryan had been acting since she was three years old and had made a name for herself by the age of twenty two.

"Now remember, Adrian," Said James in a serious tone, I returned my attention to him. "This movie is going to make a lot of noise once it comes out, Serena Ryan movies never flop, especially when she works with a badass director like Tom, do you know what that means?" He questioned.