Chapter 24: Anti-hero.

He pulled away from our embrace and stepped away from me, running a hand through his hair.

I could tell that there was something wrong with him, he pushed me away whenever he was angry about something, I still didn't know what but what I did know was that he wasn't capable of opening up to me or anyone else for that matter.

His eyes darted to my chest, I crossed my arms over my chest and felt my stomach flip. He looked elsewhere with a faint tremor of amusement on his lips.

He stared back at me, "Relax, I'm not checking you out, just curious as to why you're not wearing a shirt." He said.

"Jennifer, made me take it off." I emphasized on her name.

"You should be thanking her then." He shoved his hands in his pockets and started walking towards the bedroom window. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding, having him close to me made me feel so out of breath, like one breath and he'd figure me out.

I moved to sit on the king sized bed which was bouncy and comfortable. I pulled my phone out and took a picture of a cool painting right above the bed.

Adrian was standing by the window, peeking outside.

I sighed.

"You spying on the brunette?" I asked.

"Her name is Christy and you should really stop this all jealous phase." He said, still looking out the window.

"It's not a phase." I murmured underneath my tone, shaking my head.

Feeling jealous is never a phase.

I slouched back, letting my elbows balance my body. I archored my attention on him, he was a great sight, I liked every inch of him and I wasn't ashamed to admit it... To myself. I wanted to run my fingers through his gorgeous dark as night hair, I wanted to feel those hands on my skin, everywhere. I needed to trail my hands along that smooth chest and most importantly, I wanted to kiss him until we were both out of breath.

"Quit eye fucking me, will you?" He turned to look at me, I awkwardly glanced up at the antic ceiling.

"In your dreams." I sat up straight and narrowed my eyes at him.

He laughed and looked out the window again.

I hate that hot people know that they're hot.

I tossed my phone on the bed, stood up and rushed to a door that I guessed was the bathroom, I pushed the door open and let myself inside.

I swear to Merlin's beard, that bathroom looked bigger than my bedroom. The shiney maple floor, the appealing smell of lavender, there was a full length mirror on the wall and their shower was in a blur glass cube.

Being rich must be super nice.

"Cool, isn't it?" Asked a voice behind me and I jumped, spinning around.

Adrian was leaning against the closed door. I didn't even hear him follow me.

"Dude, you scared me to death and what the hell? I could have been naked." I said, he chuckled.

"Sorry." He dropped his gaze to my body, almost like he was picturing me naked.

I gripped the back of my neck and looked to my side.

He walked passed me and went to slide the shower doors open.

"So, how high are you exactly?" I asked as he entered the shower and turned the water on.

"Not high enough." He responded, water pouring over him like rain.

"What are you doing?" I giggled at him actually taking a shower with his shorts as I moved to stand by the entrance, watching him.