Chapter 12: Fake couple's quarrel.

Adrian's POV.

Jared picked us up and the ride to Emily's house was filled with comfortable silence. The plan was to drop Emily off first then go pick up my car from Jared's house.

Jared was curious as to how Emily and I ended up all the way into town, I didn't feel like answering any stupid questions and Emily didn't feel like 'talking about it' so we left him in suspense and I was glad he didn't push it.

I guessed that's what brought about the silence with Emily sitting in the back, texting on her phone, Jared keeping his eyes on the road and me enjoying the nice view of the small town as I looked out the car window, letting fresh air blow on my face.

Sundays were always shit to me, I didn't have a lot to do on Sundays, I usually stayed home and tried to keep up with my Mom and her psychotic boyfriend Randall. It's not like I didn't want my Mom to move on from my Dad's death, she had every right to find happiness again.

Unlike myself.

Jared's car came to a stop and I jumped back to reality, I looked around our surrounding, We were parked on Emily's street, near her house.

I was expecting her to get out of the car so we could go but I didn't hear her open the car door, Jared and I exchanged a questionable glance.

He shrugged like saying I don't know. I sighed and turned to look at her still sitting there with her arms crossed over her chest.

The tattoo on her chest kinda looked sexy.

Kinda.

"This is the part where you get out of the car, sweetheart." I said nicely.

"I want to come with you guys." She sounded determined.

Such a child.

"Emily, you could have said that before I freaking drove all the way down here." Jared whined.

"I didn't know you were going to bring me here." She shrugged dismissingly.

"Dude, you fucking live here, where else would you want to be dropped?" I pointed out.

"I know I live here, dude, thanks for reminding me." she put emphasis on dude. I rolled my eyes at her.

"We're just going to drive back to my place, Adrian is gonna pick up his car and then he's going home. Nothing fun is gonna happen we promise." Jared assured her. I furrowed my brows at him.

"I don't think that's why she wants to come with us, man." I shook my head.

"No?" He asked.

"No." I stated.

"No?" He turned to look at Emily, she shook her head no.

"So what is it then?" He questioned curiously.

"Yeah Emmie, what is it?" I added.

"Don't call me that and I just.... want to make sure that you... don't fuck us up." she stuttered, not looking at my face.

"Fuck us up how?" I questioned in confusion.

She released a soft sigh as she shut her eyes briefly, she opened her eyes and moved to lean closer to my face between the two seats.

"I saw how you were flirting with Jared's hot sister last night." She whispered, keeping eye contact.

She kinda looked more prettier up close.

Jared rolled his eyes, I groaned irritatedly and looked away from her.

"Seriously, Emily? I actually thought you were going to say something sensible." I flew my hands in the air.