Chapter 41: Prom.

Adrian's POV.

"Okay, she's ready!" Lucy announced as she stood at the top of the staircase.

"No, I'm not, I feel so overdressed!" Emily responded from her bedroom. I smiled and her dad chuckled beside me.

"Emily, come out or else Adrian is gonna take Danna Harrison to prom!" Her dad shouted.

"Who's Danna Harrison?" I turned to ask him, he just shook his head in response.

"He wouldn't dare." Her voice sounded close, I looked up and saw her standing beside Lucy.

She was in a thigh slit red dress, black high heels and her brown hair was styled into waves.

Fucking beautiful.

"Wow, I guess she's not so little anymore." Her dad muttered as he looked up at her.

"They hate it, I knew it." She turned to walk back to her bedroom, Lucy grabbed her hand to stop her.

Drama queen.

She looked at Lucy and sighed, she started walking down the stairs and I felt it, the urge to meet her halfway and kiss her. Sometimes I felt like I still had a crush on Emily, like I hadn't already kissed her yet or hugged her or said hey. It was like I was still falling for the girl that I was already dating, wanting someone that I already had.

I wondered how I was going to make all of those things disappear once we went our separate ways and lived our separate lives, how was I going to live through one goddamn day without her?

I knew I'd only fall apart without her.

She reached the bottom of the stairs and stared at me, her dad was standing right beside me so I couldn't kiss her. I ended up handing her the daisies I brought with me, she looked down at them and then back at me.

"He knows you like daisies more than roses, I was shocked too." Said her dad, she took them and looks at me curiously.

Jared and I totally stalked her on Instagram and that's how I knew she liked daisies more than roses.

Romantic gentleman move? I know.

"I'll take these." Emily's dad cleared his throat and took the flowers from her, walking to the kitchen.

She moved to stand in front of me for some reason, she smelled so good. I hated the fact that I couldn't kiss her like I was doing it for the first time.

I didn't even do it right the first time I kissed her, it was so short lived.

We smiled at each other.

"Okay, picture time." Lucy descended the stairs with her phone in hand.

"Oh God no." I scrunched up my face.

"What do you mean no?" She whined, Emily giggled.

"Adrian doesn't like taking pictures, I only take pictures of him when he's asleep." She said to Lucy, I widened my eyes at her. Realization took over her face as she looked at me and she facepalmed.

"You do what?" I asked her.

"I mean... That one time but I totally deleted it." She waved it off, clearly lying.

"It's just one picture, there will never be another prom." Lucy said in a serious tone.

"C'mon AD, just one picture, for me?" Emily shook my arm, I sighed.

"Just be quick about it." I said in a low tone, Emily wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her lips on my cheek, Lucy took a picture or several. "Okay, that's enough." I held Emily's hand and led her to the front door.