Chapter 6: After rain smell.

I fluttered my eyes open only to find myself in an unfamiliar room. I replayed the events of my previous night and remembered that I was in Adrian's room and sleeping in Adrian's bed.

After I told Adrian that I didn't want to go home, we walked all the way to his place in the rain, his mom was working late so no one else was home, I decided to sleep over and of course, Adrian objected my protest but it got really late and I couldn't go home any more.

I had a long hot shower to get rid of the smell of alcohol on my body, Adrian offered me his clothes, they looked pretty baggy on me and his sweatpants didn't even fit me but I wore them anyway, mostly because they were warmer than my own clothes. He also let me sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch downstairs.

I yawned as I turned to the other side of the bed, I saw Adrian sitting by his window, lost in thought as he looked outside.

I didn't even hear him come in.

I sat up straight, "Creepy much?" I sounded sleepy as I rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry, just a habit of mine." He said without glancing at me.

I saw my phone on the night stand, I picked it up and found several missed calls from my Dad.

"Shit, my Dad called." I ran a hand through my fuzzy hair.

"I called him last night, he said it was cool for you to sleep over." Said Adrian, I snapped my head to look at him with wide eyes.

"Where'd you get his number?" I asked curiously.

"I've always had it, your dad calls me every week to check up on me." He looked at me.

"What? Why? What for?" I asked, he rolled his eyes.

"Your dad has been like my mentor ever since my dad and brother died." He informed me and I immediately regretted asking.

"I didn't know that." I said more to myself.

"Of course you didn't." He looked out the window again.

I rolled out of bed and went to sit across from him by the window, I opened the window and stuck my head out, closing my eyes and breathing in that wonderful after rain smell.

"Don't you just love that smell?" I asked, retrieving my head and staring at his face.

The morning sun was making his face glow and his dark damp hair told me he was just from showering , he was wearing a black tank top and grey sweatpants. And he surely didn't look like someone who was just from waking up.

He held his gaze on my face, "No, it's just the smell of water mixed with dirt."

"Water and dirt never mix dumb dumb." I stood up and started roaming around his room.

"Don't touch anything." He warned.

The events of that previous night flashed before my eyes and I felt a throb on my throat.

"Did what happen last night really happen Or was I dreaming everything?" I picked up a tennis ball from his desk and fumbled with it.

"You mean did your ex boyfriend's girlfriend humiliate the shit out of you last night? Well yes, yes she did." He said.

"Unbelievable." I muttered, shaking my head and squeezing the ball in my hand.

"You know that asshole still likes you right?" I heard him ask.

"Loves." I corrected him.

"You're so helpless." He said, "he still loves you and I honestly think you should take advantage of that." He said.