Chapter 23: I hate you.

Getting back to school after the New York trip was pretty tiring, yeah, I was a straight 'A' student who believed that skipping school was for hippies but I was starting to understand those hippies cause trust me, I had never hated math until that Monday.

And speaking of hippies, my boyfrien- no wait scratch that, my fiance decided not to show up for school that day but I wasn't surprised.

I couldn't help but wonder where he was or what he was doing or if he was thinking about me the same way I was thinking about him.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by the familiar sound of the school bell, marking the end of our last class which was history, a Couple of people let out sighs of relief as they started packing their stuff and marching out of the class room.

I picked my backpack from the floor and shoved my notes and history book inside, after zipping my backpack closed, I swung it over my shoulder and withdrew from my seat.

Mr Grayson was still sitting in his chair in front of the classroom, he looked at me from the rim of his glasses and I just knew he was about to talk to me.

"Miss Bennett, a word please." He requested.

So creepy, what happened to can I talk to you for a second?

I walked over to stand in front of his table and he leaned back in his seat, interlocking his fingers and eyeing me suspiciously.

Or maybe he wasn't and I was just guilty.

"What's going on, sir." I asked nervously. He didn't respond, he just picked up a piece of paper and pushed it forward on the table. It was the history test that we took right before the trip, I got a B+ but of course that was considered to be a fail.

I sighed disappointedly as I picked it up and took a closer look.

"What happened?" I heard him ask.

"I don't know." I whispered back with my eyes still roaming around the paper.

"Heard you've been hanging around with Adrian Mackey?" He questioned, I had to look at him at that point.

"You think he's the reason why I'm failing too?" I asked, swallowing.

I hated the fact that people thought Adrian was a bad influence on me.

"I don't know about that but I do know that you're the reason why he's passing." He forwarded another paper, Adrian's paper with an A+ on it.

"No. fucking. way." I picked it up with a smile on my face.

"Language." He warned.

"Sorry, I'm just really proud of that asshole." I chuckled.

"Emily..."

"I'm sorry, I meant to say... ugh, I'll just shut up now." I said and he laughed and shook his head at me.

"I understand, anyway, I was proud of him too and he told me about how you were tutoring him but it would be great if he actually showed up for classes often?" It came out more of a question, like I was Adrian's parent or some shit.

He was expecting me to have the perfect answer for that question, just like every other person that asked me about him but the thing was, I didn't know shit about Adrian. I didn't know where he was or what he was doing with his life.

"Uhm, I'll make sure to let him know." I assured the man.

"Okay, you can go." He waved me off and I started walking out of the class, "Oh and Emily?" He called and I turned around, "Don't lose yourself while trying to save someone else, you'll only drown yourself." He advised, I just nodded and stepped into the empty hallway.