Chapter 3: Something in Common.

It was no shock that Adrian was also in some kind of trouble, the dude literally got himself in some kind of situation like every day, he was well known for starting fights, swearing in class, skipping school, talking back to teachers etc.

We were inside the office but Mr Montgomery wasn't in, I was sitting next to someone who was enemies with my ex boyfriend, I guess you could say we had something in common, which was hating Charlie. I wondered what his reason was though.

The only thing I knew about Adrian's life was that, his Dad and brother died in a fire during freshman year, he didn't come to school for two weeks after that and even though we weren't close, our moms were pretty close, Adrian's mom was a nurse and that's how she got close with my mom, that's how I got to know her.

It's not like I didn't want to get to know him, it's just that he hated Charlie and I was team Charlie at the time.

But there I was, dumped like trash by the team I was rooting for.

Quite sad if you asked me.

Besides, the whole being abandoned situation really taught me a lesson and I wanted to reach out to Adrian.

And like the universe was giving me a sign, I saw him glance at my hand which looked a little bruised.

"I punched someone." I fed his curious mind.

"I didn't ask." He sounded cold and seriously scary.

He was cold and seriously scary. No one talked to him, they wouldn't dare talk to him but I wanted to talk to him, I didn't know why but I just did.

"So, what did you do?" I asked, trying to cook up conversation again. He didn't respond or turn to look at me.

Mr Montgomery, the principal walked back in, he took his seat and looked at Adrian and I equally.

"I don't teach violence and neither do all the teachers here so I wonder, where do all these kids learn it from?" He asked himself.

I think he was expecting us to answer the question because he didn't say anything else, he just kept staring at both of us.

"Can I go now?" Asked Adrian in a deep husky tone like he was just from waking up.

Why was he trying to sound all sexy?

"No, no you can not, I have to punish you for breaking school rules." He pointed out.

"Then do it already, we all know it's detention." Adrian rolled his eyes at our principal. I smiled at his reaction, Mr Montgomery sent me a disapproving look and I coughed it out.

"I just hope you change for the better, especially you Mr Mackey, and no it's not detention, the two of you are gonna be cleaning this entire school everyday after classes for two whole weeks, infact, I'm giving the janitor a two weeks leave." He declared.

I gasped. was that even legal?

"Mr Montgomery, you know me, I'm one of the good ones and what happened today was a total mistake, I promise it will never happen again." I explained myself.

"I'm one of the good ones." Adrian mimicked my tone with a sarcastic chuckle, I ignored him.

"Of course it won't, you start today and by today I mean right this second, I'll meet you in the parking lot in ten." He instructed, Adrian got up and walked out of the office while I was still sitting down.

"Mr Montgomery-"

"Emily, I'm too disappointed to even look at your face right now, I expect anything from Adrian but you?" He said in disbelief.