Chapter 7: Wanna bet?

Adrian's POV.

"So she literally asked you to fake date her?" Asked Jared, my friend and work mate.

It was Sunday and business was slow so we chatted a lot.

Jared and I worked at a convenience store, he was a rich kid from a rich neighborhood and went to a rich private school. He worked at the store because he wanted to earn his own money and not depend on his parents too much. He called it being a normal kid.

We both started working at the store during sophomore year and we had been close ever since, I told him all about Emily because we told each other everything about our fucked up lives, AND because he had a petty crush on Emily ever since I showed him her pictures on Instagram.

"Yes, I almost feel bad for her, she's so desperate to get that asshole back. It's so fucking naive." I responded.

"And why did you agree to this?" He asked, leaning on the counter.

"Because I have a revenge of my own." I said in a duh tone.

"I don't follow." He looked puzzled.

I sighed.

"I have been in this silly war with that dick head Charlie for a long time now, I couldn't hit him because he was made of gold and trust me, that's literally what our principal said when I punched him once. I honestly don't know why he broke up with Emily but he's clearly still into her and now she's dating me, I'm also known as the guy he hates the most at our school so what better way." I explained to Jared.

"Does Emily know about this part of the plan?" He asked me.

"No." I nodded.

"Why not? She deserves to know if-"

"I do not give a shit about Emily, I don't care if she gets disappointed, I don't care if she gets back with Charlie, hell I don't even care if she falls into a deep pit so please don't give me that bullshit." I said in a warning tone.

"Look dude, I know she fucked up by dating an asshole like Charlie and she's not your cup of tea but she's still a girl with feelings, and she's back to being a nobody, plus she's being really nice to you." He said, I glared at him.

"She's not back and she's only talking to me in order to use me so I'd appreciate it if you fucking shut up now." I said harshly, gritting my teeth.

"Okay, geez." He raised his hands in the air and surrendered.

We heard the door bell ring which was a notification that we had a customer.

We both turned to look.

It was Charlie and Kim, Charlie had his arm around Kim's shoulder as they both looked around the store.

"Speak of the devil." Said Jared.

I literally cursed at my own life as I saw Charlie make his way towards me while Kim continued roaming around the store.

"Bye." Jared rushed to the storage room.

Coward.

"Hey, asshole." He greeted with a smirk.

"What do you want?" I asked in a lazy tone.

"Since you've asked nicely, I'll have that box of condoms." He pointed at the box of condoms that I knew was behind me. I reached for it and punched it in.

"That will be twenty bucks." I said.

"Really?" He picked the box and literally examined. "It's not gonna break or fall off." He asked, I raised my brows at him.

I knew he was just trying to make my life miserable but... Okay.

"No, it's not." I forced the words out of my mouth.

"Really? Cause that would be a bummer and my girl and I are gonna-"

"Okay dude I get it, You're having sex with someone, now please stop." I cut him off.

He laughed, "Yes, I am having sex and don't feel bad bro, your time will come soon." He winked at me.

I huffed.

"It will, do you wanna know who I'm gonna be banging tonight?" I forced a smile as I leaned my arms on the counter.

"Please, do tell." He gestured with his hand.

"Emily Bennett." I smiled, "Man, she's so fucking hot, I mean that ass is just.. eish, I can't explain It. Oh and I heard you guys dated once?" I questioned in a mocking tone.

His smile dropped, "What did you just say?"

"Oh, you're suddenly deaf now, bro?" I put emphasis on bro.

"Listen, you stupid fuck." He grabbed the collar of my shirt and slouched me forward. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic reaction. "You being Emily's hero for one night doesn't mean you can easily get in her pants." He shook his head.

"And why not?" My tone remarked with sarcasm.

"Because I know her and you're just a horny asshole who fantasize about girls like her." He pushed me back.

I looked elsewhere as I twitched my jaw in anger. Yet again I found myself wanting to beat the crap out of him but the fact that I was at my work place was holding me back.

"I guess I am." I responded to his previous statement after I calmed myself down.

"Yes you are, I bet you can't even find one gut to actually ask her out." He said.

"Wanna bet on that?" I dared him.

"On what?"

"Me proving that I already asked her out." It was my turn to smirk.

"Yes, hell yeah." He seemed interested.

Bitch loved bets.

"If I win, You get to apologise publicly for every shitty thing you've ever done and said to me." I told him with a confident face.

"And you will run the school hallways fully naked and covered in soup." He declared with a grin.

That statement sounded scary but I smiled knowing that I had already won.

"Deal." I shrugged.

"Oh and you also have to make her say that she loves you." He added.

"Wait, what? no, why?" I asked.

"Because she said it to me when we were already broken up and we dated for a whole year so... Good luck with that."

Fuck. me.

He placed a twenty dollar bill on the counter and shoved the box of condoms in his jacket pocket.

"C'mon babe, let's go!" He Shouted for Kim.

She came out with nothing.

"I didn't find it." She told Charlie.

"That's okay." He held her hand, "later loser." He said to me and they went out the exit.

Jared came out shaking his head at me.

I ignored him, I had to think of how I was gonna make Emily say that she loved me. I knew she would not agree to say it if I just asked her, not even for our fake relationship so I had to come up with a plan or else I would be walking the hallways naked and covered in soup.