Chapter 36: Real.

"So uhm, Charlie and Haley came over that day-"

"Why did they come over?"

"I was tutoring him."

"Why were you tutoring him?"

"Montgomery asked me to."

"Why didn't you say no?"

"I don't know."

"Did you sleep with him?"

"No, I already told you, I didn't slee-"

"Did you want to?"

"No."

"Do you.." he trailed off, "do you still have feelings for him?" He asked.

"Adrian-"

"Honesty." He said.

I rolled my eyes, he said that word like it was some kind of a magic spell or something.

"No, God, no I don't have any feelings left for him, only you." I said, flashing the light at him, he didn't even turn to look away.

"Why'd you kiss him then?" He asked.

"I didn't kiss him, he kissed me and I was about to shove him then you walked in." I explained, ambling towards him and standing in between his legs, "C'mon baby, it's me we're talking about, I wouldn't fucking cheat on you for a million dollars." I placed my free hand on the side of his face, searching his eyes, he grabbed the hand on his cheek and kissed it.

"Okay."

"Okay? Does that mean you forgive me?" My mouth stretched into a smile.

"No, Emily, I will never forgive you for kissing that asshole but yeah, we're cool cause I totally fucked Lana." He responded, my mouth fell open and I gasped.

"You what?!" My voice echoed through out the woods, he laughed.

"Kidding but I wish I had, that reaction was priceless." He was smiling.

"Jesus." I rubbed the back of my neck and relaxed. "Don't do that to me." I whispered.

Now what?

He turned on the light on the car ceiling and looked at me again.

"Get in." He said, gesturing to the seat next to him as he scooted a little to leave way for me.

I climbed the SUV, trying to get on the seat next to him, I placed my hand on the headrest behind him, our eyes met glancingly and I paused.

My heart started racing and all I wanted to do was hold him in my arms.

He brought his hands to my waist and pulled me to his lap, resting my legs on his sides.

He shut the door, snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, I gasped as he kissed my throat and his eyes traveled down my body.

He placed his hands on my bare thighs, smoothing his hands over them, "Why were you trying to hide them earlier?" He asked, I almost facepalmed at the memory.

"I don't know what you're talking about, why would I try to hide something that's already yours." I buried my fingers in his hair and tried to kiss him but he pushed his head back and stared at me instead.

"Mine." It came out with a trembling breath as he stared at me.

I nodded, "Yours."

"Are you ready for real, Emily?" He took off my Jean jacket.

Real? I was confused, what was real.

He saw that I was lost so he spoke, "We said talking about it would make it real, I don't think I want to wait until the end of summer, I want us to talk about it right now."