Chapter 43: Graduation.

Adrian's POV.

After the graduation ceremony, Emily and I were standing in the parking lot, she said she wanted to soak it all in before we got in the car and drove out of the lot forever. I wasn't soaking it in though, I was on my phone, texting Jared while she was leaning against the car across mine and soaking it in.

I diverted my eyes to look at her, she had her eyes closed, her head leaning back on the car and she looked peaceful.

Like feeling my eyes on her, she opened her eyes and looked at me.

There was just something about the way we made contact. I didn't know how to explain it but it was something... ecstatic.

"Hey, loves." Charlie came from nowhere and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, I narrowed my eyes at him and shoved his hand away.

"Still hating on me, Bro?" He asked in his cocky tone.

"Fuck off." I hissed.

"So, you guys gonna do that long distance shit?" He pointed between us before resting his hands on his hips.

"So I didn't break your face in the cafeteria?" I remarked, Emily giggled.

"Anyway, I just wanted to apologise for all the shit that happened between us, you won and I'm sorry I kissed-"

"We don't talk about that, bro." I cut him off.

"Right, I'm gonna go now." He pointed back to his friends across the lot.

"Bye." I rolled my eyes, looking back at my phone.

He held my jaw and smashed a kiss on my cheek. I shoved him and moved to stand next to Emily, she snorted a laugh.

"He fucking kissed me." I wiped my cheek in horror.

"Charlie, how dare you." She said playfully.

"It was a farewell kiss," he shrugged, "and please, do invite me to your wedding, I want to give a long ass speech about how I'm the reason why you two are together." He said, I showed him the finger.

"That also means don't put his name on the list." I whispered in Emily's ear, she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Okay.." He said, awkwardly clearing his throat, "I guess I'll see you at the reunion." He smiled at us before walking back to his friends, Kim waved at us, I raised my middle finger at her. She smiled.

"Fuck you very much, Kimi!"

"I'd fuck me too, Adrian!" She responded. Bitch.

"You do realize that she was being nice right?" Emily whispered to me even though there was no one else around to hear her.

"I don't give a shit."

"Oh my God, Emily!" Her noisy friends were heading towards us in their graduation gowns.

Fuck me.

They did some kind of group hug as soon as they reached her, I moved to lean against my car again.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." Said Stacey through her sobs and then like someone just told them that Michael Jackson died, they all broke out in tears.

I rolled my eyes.

It was a funny sight.

Until I got reminded of the fact that that was going to be Emily and I right after summer.

"If I ever end up meeting 5sos, I'm gonna kiss Luke Hemmings for you Emily, I promise." Stacey cried out, Emily laughed through her sobs.

"Who's Luke Hemmings?" I asked but no one was paying attention to me.