Chapter 45: In The End. Part 1.

Maybe we will.

Maybe we won't.

Those two possiblities kept circling in my head the entire time I was in the shower. I came out of the shower and went back to my room, Adrian was standing by my shelf with a book in his hands

"I can't believe I found a book that is not about rom.." He stoped mid-sentence as soon as he turned his head to look at me.

There it was.

Him, looking at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

"Excuse you, I have a lot of books that are not all about romance." I ran my fingers through my damp hair.

"Damnit." He whispered underneath his tone, placing the book back on the shelf and running a hand along his jaw.

"What?" I looked down at myself in a towel.

"You're naked under there, aren't you?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at him, "C'mon, Adrian, you have to control yourself. You can do it. I believe in you." I walked to my closet and opened it.

He started walking towards me, he stood behind me and placed his hands on my hips.

Damnit.

He rested his chin on my shoulder and my mind faltered, I didn't know why my closet was open or what I was looking for, all I could think about was him, standing behind me, his front brushing my back, his hot breath fanning my neck and his firm grip on my hips.

He closed his arms around my waist, hugging me from behind and kissing my shoulder.

I turned around and brought my arms around him, he hesitated before wrapping his arms around me.

I closed my eyes and breathed him in. I felt so comfortable, so loved, so at home.

"I'm so glad I talked to you that day." I admitted, remembering the time I talked to him in Montgomery's office.

"You really annoyed the shit out of me that day." He chuckled, I giggled, holding him tighter. "Now you're all I ever think about." He whispered, crashing me into him.

"I'm gonna tell someone that Adrian Mackey once said those words." I joked, he chuckled, pulling away and looking down at me, he stared into my eyes and anger and sadness clouded his features.

"I swear life's gonna suck without you, Emily." He said through gritted teeth, tightening his jaw.

I held his face, "You'll be just fine." I assured while looking into his eyes.

If fate ever let us down, I knew Adrian would never heal and I'd never forgive myself.

We silently stared at each other.

He shut his eyes and leaned his forehead against mine, releasing heavy breaths as his hand gripped the back of my neck.

Don't you dare kiss him, Emily.

I wasn't supposed to kiss him, I was supposed to forget about how his tongue felt, how his touch burned my skin or how he made love to me.

Goddamn it, I was supposed to forget it all.

But there I was, letting him lean in, I knew everything was going sideways as soon as our lips brushed and our breaths mixed but I wasn't stopping him. Why wasn't I stopping him.

But then again It was our last night together and there was a big possibility that I would never see him again.

So I grabbed his shirt and pulling him in for a steamy kiss, I felt him smile against my mouth, then he kissed me back passionately.