Chapter 15: That kiss.

"Emily, I'm rushing to work don't forget to eat, okay?" My Dad shouted from the other side of my bedroom door.
"Okay." I sounded sleepy but I knew he heard me.

"See you later, I love you." He said and I heard him descending down the stairs.

"Love you too." I responded even though he couldn't hear me.

My Dad had been acting weird since the mysterious business trip, he constantly took these sudden trips and whispered on the phone a lot and he was being secretive about literally everything. I did ask him about it but he called it nothing so I let it go.

I groaned at the throbbing headache I felt once I got out of bed, I drank too much at the bonfire party. I remembered puking in Charlie's car as he was driving me home since my boyfriend Adrian disappeared with a certain blonde. I wasn't mad at him though, I was just disappointed.

I stood in front of my long length mirror, a smile grew on my face when I noticed that I was wearing Charlie's oversized t-shirt, it only covered my butt but I loved it.

Charlie used to leave a lot of things when he spent the night, and I was not ashamed of keeping the t-shirts and returning the rest.

I was gonna throw them away after we broke up but we clicked again and I was drunk when I decided to wear his shirt to bed.

Pathetic, I know.

"DUDE!" My door flew open, I spun around and saw Adrian standing by my door, holding the doorknob.

His eyes trailed down my body and I swear to chocolate, I had never felt so exposed.

"Damn." He whispered more to himself as he fluttered his lashes at my appearance.

"Don't you knock!" I picked a sock from the floor and threw it at him.

"Shit, sorry." He covered his eyes with his hand and let himself inside my room, closing the door behind him. He blindly walked to my bed and took a sit. I grabbed my leggings and quickly slipped them.

I noticed that he was still wearing the clothes he had on at the party which told me that he didn't go home.

"What are you doing here so early anyway?" I asked.

"Can I look now?"

"I guess." I rolled my eyes.

He quickly removed his hand from his eyes and looked at me, I moved to plop down on the bed, sitting next to him.

"I didn't know you had sexy long legs." He playfully put his hand on my thigh, my whole leg stiffened at his touch, I slapped it and he rubbed his hand.

"Shut up, tell me why.. you're here so early." I stuttered while I shifted uncomfortably.

What the actual fuck, Emily?

He chuckled a little,"I was just on my way home and I decided to pass by and your Dad let me in. He really looked happy to see me." He explained.

"Did you not go home last night?" I tucked loose strands of hair behind my ear and he watched every movement I made. It almost made me feel so... Seen.

"No." He played with my bangs, my breath immediately hitched on its own and my throat felt dry and that was the only reason why I swallowed... nothing, my mouth was dry too.

Jesus.

"But you left the party pretty early." I tried to act casual.

"Jen and I went carpooling." He smiled at the memory. A weird feeling twisted in my gut. I kinda wished he went carpooling with me.