Chapter 17: Falling.

Adrian slept like a baby with a stomach the entire night while I didn't sleep at all, I could not stop coming up with different scenarios in my head, I really wanted to know what happened to him but my guesses weren't good enough, only he knew what happened to him and there was nothing I could do to make him tell me.

The following morning, I decided to make breakfast for us while he took a shower upstairs, I made pancakes for the first time in my seventeen years of existence because a boy I seemed to have developed feelings for, said pancakes were his reason to live. So there I was, with a tray in my hands, standing in front of my bedroom door and hesitating to knock.

I took a deep breath before I finally knocked on the door.

"Come in?" He said it more like a question, I held the tray in one hand and used the other one to open the door which revealed a shirtless Adrian who was drying his hair with my white towel. He was wearing the sweatpants he gave me when I slept over at his place.

My eyes darted to his glorious bare chest which had my fucking name on it, I stared at his his pecks, his abs, his lean toned waist.

Fuck! if he was really my boyfriend, I would have been doing more than just stare.

His stitched up wound looked a little sore, which made my stomach churn.

"Quit eye-fucking me before I fuck you." He dragged me out of my own head, I blinked at him.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Dude, did you make homemade pancakes in less than two minutes?" He changed the subject as he jumped on my bed and winced in pain and held his stomach. Closing the door behind me I rolled my eyes at him.

And I really needed him to stop calling me dude.

I strolled towards him and sat the tray beside him, "Have a bite." I sat on my bed. He stared at me then down at the food.

He sat up straight and grabbed a fork, taking a bite off the pancakes, He chewed slowly while looking at the ceiling, his damp strands hovering over his beautiful face.

His skin looked pale, he had bags under his eyes and his lips were so dry, I could tell that he was not okay and needed medical help but he was trying to act like he was okay and I knew he wouldn't listen to me.

"Well..?" I asked, waiting for his opinion on my inexperienced cooking.

He looked at me, "It's... okay I gues- oh God." He said before taking something out of his mouth. "Dude, did you add eggshells to the recipe?" He held the eggshell between his fingers.

Damnit.

"Oh well, at least I tried." I shrugged it off.

"Yeah, you did." He raised his hand in the air for a high five.

"Fuck off." I playfully hit him with a pillow, he laughed. His laughing made me smile, it just sounded so nice in my ears.

Ugh, falling for someone you don't wanna fall for is never nice, Well to me, falling for just about anyone was never nice.

Why Adrian, though? Why not literally anyone else?

"Hey can I ask you something?" I bit on the inside of my thumb.

"Shoot." He took another bite and gave me his full attention.

"What made you change so much?" I decided not to look at him as I asked, I took a bite of my pancakes and almost spat the food immediately.

It tasted so bad.

I felt his eyes on me, "What do you mean?"

"I mean you were so sarcastic and mean towards me before but now you're eating my shitty food and laughing more." I pointed out, looking down at the tray.