Chapter 34: Worst betrayal since Emily and Charlie.

Emily's POV.

I didn't exactly see what happened in the cafeteria. Jess, Gina, Stacey and I were too busy interrogating Lana in the girl's bathroom. well, it was actually Jess and Gina since Stacey and I were just standing there and watching. Lana said that there was nothing going on between them, I wanted to punch her in her perfect face and tell her to stay away from him like some jealous thirteen year old but I didn't.

Jess and Gina were about to tell her more about how girl code works but then we heard noise in the cafeteria and when we got there, Cole Williams was pulling Adrian off of Charlie.

Charlie was still on the floor, blood on his face, the sight made my stomach knot. Maybe it wasn't that bad but it was that bad in my eyes, Cole said something then Charlie said something and then Cole kicked him in the gut.

Adrian and I did make eye contact but he looked away like he couldn't look at me. The principal took both Cole and Adrian to his office and I didn't see him for the rest of the day, I just hoped Montgomery didn't take away his scholarship or expell him.

I did try calling him but his phone went straight to voicemail and he wasn't returning my texts.

I had never been so worried about someone so much it hurt.

After school, the girls and I decided to hang out at Gina's place.

They listened to a lot of 5 Seconds of summer, I found that as a way to distract myself from thinking about Adrian or what might have happened to him in that office but 5 Seconds of summer songs are very.... Love relating.

I felt like crying every time there was a line that reminded me of him and how much I fucked us up but I was aware of the other three people in the room so I told myself not to cry.

I was drawing in my notebook on Gina's desk, I thought I was actually good at drawing because my Mom was a painter. It was like the only memory I had of her.

The girls were laying down on Gina's king sized bed. Jess and Stacey were watching tiktok videos on Jess's phone while Gina was texting someone who was clearly making her smile.

I liked them as my friends, they made me feel like I finally fit into that high school picture. I thought they would call me a bitch and look at me differently when I told them about what happened with Adrian and Charlie at my house, they did scold me a little bit, Gina even said that I didn't deserve Adrian but they still stuck with me and I was greatful.

"Nooo!" Stacey and Jess screamed at the screen in Union.

"Ha!" Gina pointed at the screen, amused, I giggled. Stacey and Jess gave her pouting looks.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The stupid phone died." Jess showed me the black screen while Gina went back to texting.

"Use Stacey's." I suggested.

"It's out too." Stacey groaned, laying on her back and facing the ceiling.

Of course it was, I would have suggested they read a book but unlike me, they didn't like reading much, they'd rather bury their noses in water than books.

"Gina?" Called Stacey.

"Mmm." She hummed, busy texting.

"Who are you texting?" Jess asked curiously narrowing her eyes at Gina.

"No one." She responded, smiling at her screen.

Reminded me of myself, texting Adrian at midnight and smiling at the simplest responses that weren't even that amusing.