Chapter 10: From bad to worse.

I looked at my appearance in the mirror for the fifth time since I dressed up. I was wearing a short black baby doll dress with black heels and I curled my long brown hair. I thought I looked great but great wasn't enough. Sexy was the word I was looking for.
"Emily, are you done yet? That boy is pissing off our neighbors outside!" Screamed my Aunt from the other side of my bedroom door.

"What boy?!" I furrowed my brows.

She opened my door and stepped inside, walking over to my bedroom window and pointing outside, "That boy."

I quickly rushed to the window and looked outside, Adrian was parked on the street, he was leaning against his car and honking the hooter like a crazy person.

Probably acting out on what happened the previous night.

I shut my eyes and heaved a sigh.

"Is he the one you're using to get revenge on the other one?" Asked Aunt Linda.

I told her about the whole Charlie situation since she was cool and I really needed someone else's opinion. She thought it was great that I was experiencing the full 'highschool magic' but I thought she didn't have an educational parental advise to give me.

"Ironically, yes, he is." I nodded.

"He totally looks like someone you're gonna end up falling for." She said.

That statement made me widen my eyes at her, "No, oh God no, he's not my type and I am definitely not his."

"Sweetie, there's no such thing as 'my type' love just comes when you least expect it." She played with my bangs.

"C'mon, Aunt Linda, Adrian and I are just too different from each other." I told her.

"And they say opposites attract." She kept on insisting.

I didn't respond to that, I just looked out my window and stared at Adrian from a far.

I didn't even wanna picture falling for him. Yes, he was pretty handsome and he was a good kisser but once upon a time, he and I used to be total enemies and it would just be too weird for both of us.

Even though kissing him wasn't weird at all. It was nice, it was very nice.

"If you thought being in a relationship with the one from yesterday was a lot, you should really avoid getting in one with that guy out there." She said, looking out the window.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I was held aback by her words.

"It means, shit's gonna go from bad to worse." She told me.

I laughed, she thought Adrian was more toxic than Charlie. That sounded really ironic to me.

"Laugh while you can." She patted my shoulder and left my room.

Adrian honked his car louder, I groaned irritatedly as I picked up my purse from the bed and exit my room. Trudging down the stairs and kissing my Aunt goodbye. I went out the front door and saw Adrian texting on his phone, I walked towards him but he didn't look up. He was wearing a white button down shirt, black trousers and vans shoes. He wasn't wearing a neck tie or a jacket.

I guess he meant it when he specifically said; I don't do suits.

"Hello?" I waved my hand in front of him.

"What took you so long?" He asked, his eyes still glued to the screen.

"My hair and makeup." I answered honestly, he averted his eyes from the phone to look at me from head to toe.

"Damn, she actually dressed up." He looked impressed, I smiled.

"She's going to a rich kid's party so of course she actually dressed up." I spoke in third person tone.