Chapter 14: The bonfire.

Adrian and I arrived at the beach where the bonfire party was being held. People had already made a big ass fire, a few people circled around it, others were playing stupid drinking games while the rest just chatted away with each other, scattered around the beach. I loved how the full moon was making the ocean waves sparkle, and I was able to see what people were doing, what they were wearing, heck I could even see the color of their eyes because of how bright it was.
I looked up at Adrian, his eyes were fixed on something or rather someone. Following his gaze, I saw that he was staring at Jen. She was chatting with two other girls, laughing and giggling.

I rolled my eyes at him, the girl was hot but she wasn't interesting.

Oh maybe you're just jealous said my inner voice.

I refused to think that I was jealous.

"Dude." I waved my hand infront of his face.

"Huh?" He looked down at me.

"Stop staring at her." I angrily gritted my teeth, the corner of his lips lifted.

"Girlfriend, don't be jealous, you're the one my heart beats for." He said, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

I knew he was just joking around but my heart fluttered at his words and his actions and I fucking hated it.

"Where's Jared?" I changed the subject. What was I supposed to respond to something so...intimate?

"He's not here," he rested his chin on top of my head. "Said he had more important things to do." He added.

"Pussy." I muttered, referring to Jared. Jared was so anti social, that was one of the reasons why he and Adrian got along so well.

"Let's go say hi to Jen." He held my hand.

"Hell no." I objected, wrecking my hand out of his.

"C'mon, babe, we're just going to say hi." He dragged my hand and I tried to retrieve it again while I stood my ground but he was so strong.

"Calling me babe won't make me change my mind." I stumbled my legs, he stopped trying but still had his hand grasping my wrist.

"I'll tell her you're my girlfriend." He suggested.

"Nope." My tone was candid.

"And I'll carry you on my back." He added. I smiled at the offer. I liked it when he carried me on his back, his back was so comfortable it literally felt like a sleeping place.

"Okay fine I'll do it." I gave in in a whatever tone.

"Of course you will." He turned around and gestured for me to hop on his back. I rubbed my hands in anticipation before literally jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his neck, he intertwined his arms with my the back of my knees.

He started walking us towards Jen and her friends as I placed my chin on his shoulder, he turned his head to stare at me, a mischievous smile played on his lips, which left me curious. I had no clue as to why he was being a nice guy all of the sudden or what he was thinking at that moment but I assumed it was something good since he smiled and all.

He didn't put me down when we reached the girls and my insides cheered.

"Hey, ladies." He greeted.

"Hey, Adrian." They all responded flirtatiously at the same time. I was fighting back the urge to roll my eyes at them. I mean the guy literally had another girl on his back so where the hell did they get the guts to flirt with him in my presence?

"Hey Adrian's friends." I waved at them cheerfully and tried my best to sound nice.

They had to look at my face and even glare at me before saying hey back. Bitches.