Chapter 1-First Impressions are key

Narrator's POV

'Daphne are you sure this is the way?' asked her aunt.

'Well it does say 9 and 3/4 so i guess we need to go near platform 9.'

Daphne and her aunt straggle down Kings Cross Station with a huge trolley and owl, getting very peculiar stares from many people. 

They both arrive near the intersection of 9 and 10. 'There's nothing here aunt Mimi.'

Mimi lifted her glasses up looking at the letter once again. 'I'm not sure honey. Platform 9 and 3/4. How are we suppose to find that?'

Daphne looked around and saw a boy with thick glasses pushing a trolley as well. He had a snowy owl as well. 

'Hi excuse me,' she asked the boy. Daphne found it strange he was all by himself. 'Are you going to Hogwarts by any chance?' 

'Yes, but i can't seem to find,'

'Platform 9 and 3/4' they both said in unison. She smiled at him as he held out his hand. 

'Harry, nice to meet you.'

Suddenly a busy group of red heads hurried across the station pushing their trolleys along as well. A short but friendly looking woman led the children along. 'Every year packed with muggles.' she ranted. 'Come on, Platform 9 and 3/4 this way.' 

One by one each child runs through the wall between 9 and 10. Harry and Daphne both looked at each other in shock. 'Hi excuse me,' Mimi cut infront of the woman giving her a jolly smile. 'Could you tell these 2 how to get onto the.. um you know.'

'The platform?' she smiled warmly, 'I suppose you aren't acquainted with the wizarding world yet are you?' They all shook their heads.

'Not to worry dears. It's Ron's first time at Hogwarts too.' The ginger haired boy gave them both a friendly nod. 

'All you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10.' 

'Alright kids, this is where I'll leave you two. Daphne dear make sure to write.' Mimi exclaimed, hugging Daphne.

Daphne took a deep breath and ran straight at the wall. Next thing she knew she was in the platform. A huge train was waiting called Hogwarts express where many parents were waving their children goodbye. 

Harry followed then Ron. The 3 awkwardly boarded the train sitting in the same carriage. 'So Daphne huh. That's a nice name.' Harry smiled.

She smiled back at the 2 boys. 'Thanks.' Then she turned to the ginger boy. 'Ron right?'

The ginger nodded. 'Ron Weasley.'

He turned to the boy with glasses. 'Your Harry right?'

'Harry Potter.' he smiled. Ron and Daphne exchanged shocked glances. 

'You're harry potter??' Daphne asked. 

'So you have the scar?' Ron pressed on.

He nodded. 'I don't really know what's going on though. I was raised with muggles and only just found out apparently i was famous in the wizarding world. I only found out about the Wizarding world a few days ago. '

'Same,' Daphne nodded. The boys gave her confused looks. 'I'm muggle born.. so I don't really have a clue what's going to happen or what's going on.' 

They both gave her a warm smile.'Don't worry Daphne, 'I'll help both of you get the hang of the marvelous world of magic.' Ron announced.

They all laughed.

A while later Harry bought most of the snacks off the trolley to share with his new friends. 

'Bertie Botts every flavour Beans?' Daphne questioned as she tried one, but immediately gagged and spit it out.

'They mean every flavour.' Ron said. 'There's chocolate and peppermint. And also spinach liver and tripe.'

'I think I got brussel sprout.' she laughed.

Suddenly a small girl with bushy brown hair walked in, looking around the carriage. 'Has anyone seen a toad. A boy named Neville lost one.'

'No,' Daphne responded. 'What's your name though?' 

'Hermione Granger.' she replied in a clear crisp voice.

'Haven't heard that name in the Wizarding World.'Ron replied.

'Well that's because I'm a muggle.'

Daphne's eyes brightened up. 'I am too.'

Hermione smiled. Then out of the corner of her eye she saw Ron trying to perform a spell on his rat.

'Sunshine Daisies Butter Mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow.' Nothing happened to the rat.

Hermione scoffed. 'Are you sure that's a real spell. Well it's not very good, is it.'

Ron glared at Hermione, but she continued talking. 'Of course I've only tried a few simple ones myself. but they've all worked for me.' She boasted. 

She took out her wand and sat next to Daphne, facing Harry. 'Oculus Reparo.' She pointed her wand and Harry's glasses were fixed. Daphne's eyes widened. If a muggle born like Hermione could do all these spells when school hasn't even started how was she to compare. Daphne fiddled with her skirt nervously. What if she was to fail? What if no-one wants to be friends with a talent less muggle born? What if? What if? 

She closed her eyes taking deep breaths in and out. 

'Daphne, are you alright?' Harry asked, putting his hand on her shoulder. 

She opened her eyes quickly seeing all 3 of them were looking worried for her. 

'Y-yeah I-I'm fine.' She gave them a fake smile, hoping they would believe her.

Hermione stood up exiting the carriage. 'Well you 3 better change into your robes. I'd expect we'll be arriving soon.' 

*****

A few hours later the train came to a halt. They all got out and Hagrid led them into boats. Harry and Ron got into one that was already pretty full, so Daphne looked around and saw Hermione get into a boat with a blonde boy and a 2 giant oafs. 

'Hermione wait up.' she called. 

'Daphne! Come on.'

She jumped into the boat with the girl and the two watched in awe as they were approaching a castle like building. 'I wonder what it's like in there.' Daphne wondered aloud.

The blonde boy whipped his head around to face the girls. 'Do you seriously not know?' 

Daphne and Hermione both shook their head. 

'You 2 are obviously not of pure blood. What a disgrace.' he spat.

'And who are you then?' Daphne asked politely.

He gave her  look of disgust. 'I'm a Malfoy.' 

Daphne and Hermione looked at each other. There was a long silence.

'HAHAHAHH' they both laughed hysterically. 'I'm a mAlFoY.' mimicked Daphne. 

'You will learn to respect your superiors filthy mudbloods.' He thundered. 

'Don't listen to him Hermione.' Daphne laughed. 'He doesn't know a thing about respect.'The two girls ignored him and continued to enjoy the view of the castle.