Chapter 22 - It's a scam

Draco's POV

'You need to find a better place to put your chewing gum, Mr Finnagan!' Mad Eye boomed across the classroom. I was sitting at the back with Blaise, and she was at the front with Miss Perfect Granger. I couldn't stop staring at her. I hate myself for being this in love with someone.

'And you Mr Malfoy, need to stop staring at the back of Miss Willows' head!' he thundered. I snapped back into reality, with everyone's eyes on me. I wanted to disapparate and hide. I saw her green eyes staring at me confused. I haven't spoken to her since the Quidditch Cup, when we  both helped each other battle a death eater.

As Mad Eye continued with the class, Daphne turned back around to listen. Granger whispered something in her ear and she grimaced. She nodded back then continued listening. 

Mad Eye finished writing down information on the blackboard then turned abruptly to face us. 'Now which curse shall we see first.' He demanded. 

The 3 unforgivable curses. Is a teacher even allowed to perform them in a classroom. I looked around the class and every person's face was filled with fear and confusion.

He went over to Scarhead and Ginger. 'Weasley!' he thundered. 'Give me a curse.'

He gulped, 'Well my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius curse.'

Mad Eye nodded in approval. He walked back to his desk, got a spider out of one of his jars. Why does this crazy man just have a jar of insects lying around. With a tap of his wand he made it big. Pointed his wand at it again. 'Imperio.'

My eyes widened. He wasn't joking about actually using the curses. He used his wand to control the spider, carrying it by force over to us, the students. He put the spider on Dean's head as he yelled for help. That's pretty funny. I nudged Blaise and we both laughed, but the next thing I knew was that we were both screaming seconds after. I felt disgusting legs crawling on my face, and my hair. I just washed this damn hair this morning. It started biting my nose. I turned to Blaise. 'Get it off!' I shrieked. It finally got off and I finally caught my breath. I hate you Mad eye. 

Once the spider returned to the auror's hand he asked for another spell.

'Another! Come on!' he yelled.

Neville slowly stood up. 

'The cruciatius curse.' He said gently. 

Mad Eye nodded. 'Crucio.' He said. 

The spider starting squirming and yelping quietly. And I could see the pain in Neville's face. I looked around and everyone was uncomfortable because of what happened to Neville's parents.

I could hear the mudbloods Granger's voicer. 'Stop it!' she yelled. Disgusting putrid voice of hers. 

Next to Hermione I saw Daphne point her wand  at Mad Eye. 'Alarte Ascendare!' She said. Now that's a voice I would never get tired of hearing.

The spell made Mad Eye go up into the air. He yelled and dropped his wand. I saw the spider kind of sigh in relief as the spell lifted from it's body. Daphne goes up to Neville and put her arms around him. I was that was me. She led him back to  as his desk and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and smiled at her. 

That's the difference between Daphne and other girls. It's one thing to speak your mind, but it's another to have the courage to act upon it.

Mad Eye landed back on the  ground with a thud. 'You pathetic girl.'

'Go on.' She smiled, not a glimmer of fear in her eyes.

'You're going to get expelled!' He roared. 

'Aw that's cute.'

I'm worrying. How is she not even worrying. I'll never be able to see her again if she's expelled

'Wait till I tell Dumbledore about your actions.'

'You were hurting a student, couldn't you see with that eye of yours. And wait till the words get out that you are using the 3 most forbidden curses in history. And to use them in the innocent environment of a classroom? You are traumatizing students here Professor.' She said crisply, not a fault in her voice.

Mad Eye was speechless. 'Fine. You win.' He said shortly. 'Class dismissed.'

Daphne rolled her eyes and got her books and left, with Hermione, Harry and Ron trailing behind her. 

She's perfect. 

****

Daphne's POV

We were all gathered aorund the goblet of fire watching different people put their names into the Goblet. But it was strange because every now and then someone would be staring at me. I watched Cedric come in with his friends, who were pushing him towards the Goblet. He laughed and put his name in. I applauded like everyone else. I walked over to Cedric. He gave me one of his sweet smiles. 'So.. willing to risk your life this year?'

He laughed. 'Pretty much.'

He turned his head a bit. 'Was it true you cast a spell at Mad Eye?'

I raised my eyebrows and scrunched. 'Does everyone know.' I whispered.

He nodded. 'Everyone admires you for standing up to Mad Eye. Everyone fears him.' He nudged my arm, but in the most Cedric way possible. Which was very gentle. 'I'm your biggest admirer.'

'Aw, thanks Ced.'

I was going to say something else but yells from the twins interupted me. They were tackling each other on the ground. I almost didn't recognise them at first. Cedric and I looked at each other, eyes wide and laughed.

But stomps of perfectly in timed feet were echoing across the room. We all looked at Victor entering with Igor. He had a very serious look on his face as he put his name into the flames. He then surprisingly looked at me and smiled the faintest of smiles. 

****