Chapter 32 - I'm here

Draco's POV

I take my usual night walk around the grounds before I go to sleep. It clears my mind better. I pass the astronomy tower but then walk back when I hear bottles clanging together. I go up quietly, curious to who it could be. 

Her back to turned to me as her black hair flows in her face. She was sitting in a ball facing the balcony. She chucks another sip of the bottle talking to herself. 'Always doing whats right. But the universe hates you Daphne. Taking every strip of happiness away that you can't even conjure a fucking patronus charm.' She laughs to herself and shakes her head slamming the bottle down on the ground. 

My heart broke. I approached her and sat down next to her, wrapping my arm around her. Her whole body was tense but then it relaxed immediately after being hugged. She cries softly and I release her slowly. I try to look at her in the eyes but she turns her head away. 

Daphne's POV

'Don't look away darling.' He says. I look at him but it hurts. It's embarrassing. My mind is still foggy from the gin I drank. 'Daphne, you're the strongest person I know. If anyone can get through this it's you. It's all going to work out in the end.'

I remember when he said that to me in second year and how have things stayed the same. I realised he had always been there for me. Since day 1. He's been my shoulder to cry on since that first day. 

I realize that now.

I hug him again, burying my head on his chest. 

Draco's POV

'I feel like I'm not enough. Without Cedric I have no happier memories. It's like Cedric is gone so my memories of being happy is now gone too. Am I not enough to witness happiness by myself.'

She rambled on, not really making sense. I guess it's from the drink. I picked it up and smelt it. Yuck. I gagged and placed it back on the floor.

A few minutes passed and she was about to fall asleep on my shoulder. 

'Draco.'

'Yeah.'

'You're a great friend.'

I smiled to myself. 'You're enough Daphne.' 

She chuckled and fell asleep. I sighed and placed my head softly on hers. I closed my eyes and fell asleep next to the love of my life.