Chapter 14 - Bloody Chicken

'He what?' Hermione smiled. 

I told her, Harry and Ron the whole story about what happened on the train. We were in the common room after dinner. 

'He likes you, that twat.' Harry smirks.

I shook my head. 'No. My life was in danger so he had to do something.' I protested

Ron stifled a laughed. 'Knowing Malfoy, If Harry was in your place he probably would of ran or even better put Harry infront of him as a human shield.'

Harry nodded in agreement. 

'Well..I don't know for sure. And why would I be interested in the first place. He's a jerk who needs to sort out his priorities.'

****

Draco's POV

It was the first Care for Magical Creatures class with that oaf Hagrid. We were gathered in a circle while he blabbed on about some giant chicken, whatever he was saying blurred out and went into the back of my mind. I looked over and saw Daphne laughing when Harry whispered something in her ear. 

I felt a pang of jealousy flood through me. Her hair was in braids, hanging loosely over her shoulder. Pretty.

A gust of wind flew past me as I regained my senses. Harry had flown off with the Chicken. I watched as everyone looked at him in awe. Including Daphne. I rolled my eyes. I wanted to do something. To impress her just like Harry. 

When Harry and the Creature got back I mustered up the confidence. I stride forward, pretending to look brave. 'You're not dangerous at all are you. You great ugly brute.'

I heard Hagrid say my name worriedly. Suddenly the Chicken got on it's two hind feet and kicked me back. A searing pain came through my arm as I hear worried gasps. 'It's killed meh, it's killed meh.' I cry.

I'm so embarrassed as Hagrid carries my away bridal style. This was my chance to impress her but as I quickly glance over to her, her face is disappointed. 

I've disappointed someone again.

****
I was in the hospital wing. No-one showed up to see me. It was past dinner already and I felt like crying. Faint footsteps came through the corridor. I look up to see a smiling face. Daphne.

She held up a plate filled with dinner from today. There was mashed potatoes, salad and steak.

'Thought you were hungry.' She said simply.

She handed me the plate. I started eating as she played with the hem of her skirt. 'Just so you know, whatever girl you were trying to impress or whatever stunt you tried to pull was unnecessary. You won't get anyone to think you're cool by being arrogant.'

I stopped eating and looked up at her in surprise. 

You were the girl I was trying to impress you nitwit. 

I wanted to say.

She bit her lip to silence herself. 'Okay bye.' she said quickly before she walked out of the wing.

'Thanks for the food Willows.' I called.

'Yup.' She called back sarcastically. 

*****

Daphne's POV

It was the next day at breakfast. Ron was devouring his pancakes. Hermione smacked him. 'Will you ever stop eating Ronald.' 

'I don't think he can.' Harry remarked.

'Hey don't insult my bestie.' I joked putting my arms around Ron. Ron laughed as he kept on eating.

Harry nudged me as us 4 turned around to listen to the conversation on the table next to us.

'Does it hurt terribly Draco?' Pansy asked. 

I tried to contain a laugh. Talk about being obsessed. 

'It comes and it goes.' He responded. A group of people gather around him, intrigued by the story.

He continues, clearly loving the attention. 'I consider myself lucky. Another minute of two, and I could of lost my arm.'

I guess he didn't take my advice. It's still funny though, as I shake the thought out of my head. 

****

I gather my books and head to divination. I sat at a table for two with Hermione. 

Professor Trelawny was teaching the lesson as I glare at Hermione. She glares back and rolls her eyes dramactically. 'Stupid class.' She whispers.

I nod. 

Trelawny comes over to our table. 'I sense a rare aura at this table.' she announces.

She turns to Hermione. 'Very uptight girl. But one day something good will happen that will make you a better personnn. Coming in the near future...' 

I slump my head onto the table. That's bull. 

She comes over to me. My head still on the table. 'You my girl is having a difficult relationship with a family member. Perhaps your parents? I am sensing they aren't every proud of you right now.'

I've had it. 

I knock over the crystal ball, stood up, stuck my finger up at her and left. I don't care if I get expelled. I'm never going to Divination again. 

Draco's POV

My mouth is wide open. 

She did not just leave. I looked around and the whole class was in shock, scared even. Professor Trelawny paused for a moment. 'Well lets move on then shall we.'

I see Hermione, Harry and Ron exchange a mix of worried and shock glances. 'Even I don't hate Divination that much.' muttered a Ravenclaw boy.

Harry stood up. 'You do not know a thing about her so you can shut it.'

'You really went too far Professor.' Ron muttered. 

Hermione death stared the whole class and the 3 of them got up and left.