Chapter 13 - The Dementor

'I love you Mimi.'

'Love you too honey. Don't forget to write tons of letters!'

I gave her a huge hug. She was my only family left. My parents died when I was little from a Car Accident. From there I lived with Mimi, who cared and nurtured me.

I grabbed my suitcase and my owl cage and hopped on the Hogwarts Express.

I slid open the compartment where Hermione was sitting by herself. 'Hey Mione!' I wrapped her in a big hug.

We'd both grown and matured so much over the holidays.

After a while, Harry and Ron joined us. We were having so much fun.

I went to go to the bathroom when I bumped into a tall figure.

Of course

What are the odds.

But I could hardly recognize him.

His hair wasn't slicked back with gel. Instead it fell loosely over his face.His features have deepened and matured and he has grown so much taller.

DRACO'S POV

'Draco.' She said simply.

'Daphne.' I responded.

We both took a second to take each other in. She looked at me and I looked at her. 

Her wavy hair was let down from her usual ponytail. It's now straight and even more beautiful. She had gotten slightly taller, and was half a head shorter than me. Her green eyes wondered around me as well. 

'I like your hair.' She smiled.

She noticed. My stomach felt queasy. I couldn't help but smile. She's much more reserved but also more confident this year. Like she was more sure of herself.

'Thanks.' I said stupidly.'

It was a bit awkward as we just stood there, admiring each other. Suddenly the train came to a halt and dark clouds came over it. The lights turned off all of a sudden. We were still in the corridor while everyone else were in their respected compartments. 

I couldn't see anything. 

'Draco.' Daphne called. I felt her hold onto my arm tightly. 

'It's okay.' I reassured, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach

Suddenly a chill came over me. Daphne shivered. She felt it too. The atmosphere felt gloomy and miserable. Suddenly a cloaked figure floated towards us. 

'Oh my god,' Daphne choked .

'I got you.' I whispered, shivering as the figure came closer to us. 

I stood infront of her making sure she won't be harmed. I put me arm infront of her, making sure she was cornered to a wall, safe. 

But then I felt my surroundings disappear. All that was left was the figure. I felt at despair, like there was nothing good in the world anymore.

Suddenly i felt like i was knocked to the ground. I regained consciousness as I saw this man infront of me, holding his wand out as a blinding light came through and pushed the figure away. I could hear Daphne's sobs as I blacked out. 

*****

Narrator's POV

After Lupin saved Harry he went out into the corridor to see if there were any more. That's how he saved Draco too.  He gave Daphne a bar of chocolate to hand to Draco as he headed back to Harry Hermione and Ron to tell them Daphne was alright. 

Daphne's POV

He protected me. Draco. The same boy who pushed me, bullied me and was such a jerk. But he risked his life for me. 

Lupin helped me find a spare cabinet where I could wait for him to wake up and make sure he was okay. He was thinking the same as me. Not to return him to his Slytherin friends as they would probably laugh. 

I stared at him as he was lying on the row of seats. I was on the other side, fiddling with my nails and thinking about the whole situation. 

I saw a bit of movement in my peripheral vision so I looked up from my hands eagerly. He blinked a few times and sat up slowly. 

I quickly rushed beside him. 'Lay down now. You are in no condition to be sitting up.' 

'You sound like my mother.' He mumbled, but obeyed my commands.

Draco's POV

I looked up at her concerned face as she studied mine. She felt my forehead with her palm. Her eyebrows furrowed together while she was concentrated. I laughed at her being so concerned. It was cute. 

'Okay, you can sit up now.' She sat back on the other side of the compartment.  

I sat up and brushed through my hair with my fingers trying to untangle the mess. Daphne threw me a bar of chocolate. I looked at her, puzzled.

'Lupin told me to give it to you.' She said quickly. 

We sat in silence as I ate. 

'Are you sure you're alright.' she asked earnestly.

I nodded. 'I feel good.'

She nodded again. 'Okay good.'

A few minutes later the train stopped at Hogwarts. I don't think she's gonna talk anytime soon so I get up on my feet. 'Well I better go now so,'

She stood up and before I knew I her arms were around me. My eyes widened as I hugged her back. She stepped back after a moment. 'I'm so sorry, I just wanted to say thank you and I would just have felt really bad if anything happened to you because you were trying to protect me and I would of felt like this was my faul-'

'It's okay. Really Willows. I'm okay.' I winced as I used her last name. I didn't want to.It was just a habit. 

She seemed to get the memo. 'Okay. I'll see you around.. Malfoy.'

****