Chapter 46 - Daphne?

Narrator's POV

It was the morning of Christmas Break and Harry Hermione Ron spend Christmas at the Weasleys. Harry thought it was appropriate to invite Mimi to spend Christmas with them and not alone.

Mimi knocked on the door and as soon as Molly opened it she hugged her tight and cried in her arms. 'I-I can't believe she.. Daphne.. is gone. She was my flower.'

Molly stroked her hair as she sobbed too. 'She's in a better place now. Come in darling.'

Mimi sighed and came into the house, surrounded by magic. 'Holy fuck. Daph is one lucky girl to have magic surrounding her everyday. SHe looked around at all the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Tonks and Remus. 'She was sure lucky to have you.'

Daphne's POV

I'm the the worst place I could possibly be right now. My hair is unkept and frazzled with knots and spilt ends. I have a broken nose which hurts every now and then. My right eye is bruised and swollen. I have Bellatrix's imprints on my neck. My ribs are wounded and still healing. I have bruises on every inch of my body, and my mind and body is broken from the Cruciatis Curse.

I think it's safe to say this isn't the best look.

And to top it all off, I think I'm going insane. I'd randomly talk to myself constantly, or just randomly start crying. I think its the Cruciatis Curse getting to my head.

I lean against the wall, feeling numb and close my eyes trying not to cry while trying to fall asleep.

Draco's POV

I don't want to go home. I know that I will get yelled at. For not completing my task fast enough. I try not to cry on the train, thinking about Daphne. 

I need to know if the death eaters got to her. If they were the one responsible for her death.

As the dark black gates open to the Manor I stiffly walk in. Before I even knock, the door opens up and I get embraced by my mother. 

She hugs me and kisses my hair. 'Draco. Are you alright darling?'

'Yes mother, I'm fine.'

'Good, good, come in. Go up to your room okay, there are death eaters currently in our house. They're holding a prisoner down there.'

She gesters me to my room. But downstairs I hear a shrill scream. It was a girls scream.

I waited a few minutes even after the screaming stopped and I slowly and carefully walked down the stairs. I wanted to give whoever it was some food.

I sneak into the kitchen to grab a green apple and some freshly baked pie. Knowing the dark lord and the death eaters, whoever is down there hasn't eaten in days. 

I open the locked metal door to the dungeons and walk down the stairs...

*******

Daphne's POV

Shit. What is it this time. I just got another blow of the cruciatis curse which made me dizzy this time. Everything was a blur and every sound was foggy. It was like I was dreaming.

But Carrow just left after torturing me, so why are there new footsteps approaching? 

One explaination is that I'm hallunicating. I use my trembling hands to sit up to see who was coming. I see a face.

I squint my eyes, still blurry. But I knew.

I knew as soon as I saw that blonde hair. 'D-Draco..' I shake, crying. There's hope now.

I hear the shattering of a plate as he whimpers a bit. 'Daphne? I-Is that you..'

He runs and I hear the door to my cell unlocking. I feel warm arms wrap around me and kisses placed on top of my forehead. 'God, I thought.. I thought you were dead.' he said, his hand wrapping my head to his chest.