Chapter 39 - Strangers Again

I slide open the door to the compartment and get hugs left and right. 

'It's so good to see you all.' I laugh.

I sit next to Hermione and we talk about all sorts of things. From muggle news to boys to school. Harry got up to get air and I caught up with Ron too. We arrived at Hogwarts already and Harry still isn't back. 'I'll go look for him.' I offer.

I roam around all the compartments searching for him. The last one I try to open but it was locked. I take my wand from my pocket. 'Alohomora.' I jiggle the doorknob open and to my disappointment it was empty. But on the floor I saw a drop of blood. I crouched down and felt the ground next to it. 

I knew it. I feel the figure on the ground and lifted up the cloak. 'Oh my god. Finite.' As Harry unfroze from the spell. His face was beaten up and bloody.

'What happened Harry?'

'Nothing.'

'Clearly it's not nothing. Your nose is broken.' 

I grab a tissue from my pocket. 'May I?'

He nodded and I dabbed the blood from his nose.

'Come on, we're going to late.' I helped him up and we walked off the train. 

We arrived near the gates, walking for a very long time. Professor Flitwick ushered us into he gates. 'Where have you two been? Nevermind come on in.'

I stopped. 'Wait you still have a broken nose. Do you want  me to fix it or would you rather have a bashed up nose.'

'Probably my normal nose.' He laughs.

'Are you sure. It makes you look like a warrior though.' I smile.

He laughs. 'Let me think about it.. Yeah normal nose please.'

I take out my wand. 'Episkey.' He yells out in pain as I hear the bone snapping back in place.

'Good as new.' I muse.

We continue walking towards the castle when I saw him. Draco was walking infront of us, carrying a briefcase. His face was serious, he has bags under his eyes and he was wearing a monotonous suit. Nothing like last year. 

He heard our footsteps behind him and turned around eyeing me up and down. I was happy to see him but I don;t think he was happy to see me.

What did I do..

He ignores me and turned to Harry. 'Nice face Potter.' He turns around and continues walking. He treated me like a stranger, like he did in the first and second year. 

I turned to face Harry, 'Did he do this to you?'

He nodded grimly. 

'Holy Shit.' I whisper.

There's something bigger going on then just his father being sent to Azkaban.

We were eating dinner and I keep glancing over to the Slytherin table. Draco wasn;t even listening to Dumbledore talking. He was lost in his own thoughts. He helped me so much last year. 

It's time for me to help him. 

***

Draco's POV

After dinner i leave as soon as I can. A million thoughts were running through my head, and I was a complete anxious mess. I had a task I needed to complete. I'm scared I won't be able to do it. I need to get to my room so I can study and find a way to repair the damn cabinet. 

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and I whipped around. My eyes widened and I restrained myself from pulling her into my arms. 

'Hey Draco, how are you.' She said. 'You haven't been answering my letters, have you gotten them? I sorry if I sent you too many.'

Don't be sorry it's not your fault. I wanted to say.

'Can you go...please.'

That's not what I meant. No. Daphne. Please no don't walk away.

'Draco..talk to me.'I saw the pain in her beautiful green eyes as she tried to hold back her tears.

I knew I had to say something that will make her keep her distance. I looked at her green eyes and sneered. 'Can you shut your mudblood mouth and leave me alone.'

She nodded slowly, as if the message really sank in. She walked away, using her sleeve to wipe her eyes. I stood there in the middle of an empty hallway, hating myself. 

But now I can ensure her safety. She won't be harmed by him...