Chapter 6 - Detention

Daphne's POV

'All 5 of you will receive detention.' McGonagall declared.

This could not be any worse. Malfoy, Ugh i hated him. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were at Hagrid's hut telling him what we found a weeks ago. After Christmas break Hermione brought us a book she was reading a while ago. The thing the 3 headed dog was guarding is none other than the philosophers stone. And Snape was trying to get it. Well that's what the other 3 think. I don't think it's Snape. He's pretty scary, but in my books it's normally the poor, innocent unexpected person who is the villain. I personally think it's Quirrell. His inncoent act is so fake.

Draco suddenly stepped forward. 'Excuse me Professor perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us.'

McGonagall nodded, 'Oh no you heard me correctly. You too were out at night, against school rules. You will all receive detention.'

I snickered at Draco's reaction and he shot me a mean glare. 

****

Filch led us all to Hagrid's hut again. 'You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight.He's got a little job to do in the Dark Forest.' 

I gulped as I remembered what happened with the porcupine last time. 

'The forest?' he accused, 'I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed, and there are... porcupines!'

'Porcupines are the least of your worries Malfoy.' Filch snickered as he left. 

I smiled to myself as I remembered his concern for me when I came out all bloody.

As we trudged into the dark and gloomy forest many werewolves were howling, causing Malfoy to gasp every time. What a wimp, I thought.

Suddenly Hagrid stopped infront of a giant puddle of silver liquid. He scooped some up with his fingers. 'Hagrid what is that?' I questioned.

He turned to us, 'This is unicorn blood. It's what we're here for. Found one dead a few weeks ago.' 

All of our eyes widened as Ron held my hand, scared. I found Draco staring oddly at Ron, almost angry. Hagrid went on explaining how it's our job to go and find the poor beast. We were split into groups. Hermione and Ron went with Hagrid and unfortunately i was put in with Draco, Harry and Fang. Great...

Draco's POV

The three of us plus Fang walked in silence until I started rambling about how my father was going to hear about this. 'It's servant work!' I remarked. I saw Harry and Daphne roll their eyes at me. 'If I didn't know better, I'd say you're scared.' Harold said.

I scoffed. Yeah I was. I wanted to ask Daphne why she was so upset last time we talked in the common room, to make sure she was okay. I nudged Daphne and whispered the most insensitive thing, 'You seemed upset last time we talked. Was it something I said about your poor aunt Mimi.' I cringed and wanted to immediately take back my words. I saw potter scowl at me.

I saw Daphne close her eyes in frustration. 'Now's not the time Draco.' We all suddenly heard another loud howl in the woods. Daphne clung onto Harry in fright. My eyes darkened. Why was I so jealous?

Daphne's POV

We walked in silence for a bit, but I clung onto Harry's arm. Suddenly it became eerily silent. Up ahead the fog cleared up and I saw the most horrific thing I had ever saw in my entire life. There was a hooded man crouching over a dead unicorn drinking it's blood. I felt like my soul had left my body as I stood still. I felt something pulling me in the opposite direction and before I knew it Draco Malfoy was pulling my arms making me run ourselves to safety. 'Willows are you alright?' 

I nodded but remembered suddenly, 'Harry! We need to go back.'

'Do we really?' Draco whined.

'DRACO!' 

'Okay fine, I'll go get the others you go back.'

I rolled my eyes. Scaredy-pants..

As i ran back to Harry I had my wand ready but it turns out Harry was already saved by a centaur. I hugged him in relief and apologised for running off like that, when it wasn't really my fault. 

Draco, Hermione, Ron and Hagrid appeared in a panicked run. 'Harry!' Hermione called out. 

We were all together again. 

****

After detention Hagrid returned to his hut and we all returned to our respective common rooms. 'Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants it for Voldemort.' Harry explained as he told us what the centaur told him in the forest. 

'Guys i still think Quirrell is the one wokring for Voldemort.' They all sighed, 'It can't be him, he's so innocent.' Ron said.

'That's the point,' I muttered, 'No matter we'll see tonight.'

They looked at me, perplexed. 'We must go to get the Philosophers stone before Quirrell... or Snape gets it.' I announced.