Chapter 52- What to do?

Daphne's POV

I sit on the ground outside Mimi's House, writing a letter. To whom you ask? I simply don't know. These end of year holidays weren't like any other. It was dangerous. I had to line up Mimi's house with a shield barrier just in case. 

This whole holidays has just been a mix of emotions. Harry Hermione Ron and I kept in touch. But I can't help think about Draco. I hope he's okay. Then again, he's one of the strongest wizards I know. He is more than capable of fending for himself. 

With that mindset, these holidays, I've spent a lot of time focusing on myself. Finding out what I want as a person.Mimi has been a huge help, and I love her with my whole heart. I hear the door open and see Mimi walk towards me. She hands me a piece of chocolate and sits beside me. 

'hey flower.' 

'hey bestie.' I say. 

She laughs as I rest my head on her shoulder. 'Mimi I'm scared.'

She kisses my forehead. 'Wanna talk about it?'

I laugh, 'I've told you everything on my mind already. How he's is stronger than ever. And the best wizard in the world is now dead. We don't where he is. And my boyfriend is God knows where.' I let out a sigh. 

'Draco, was it? That bitchy ass bully you were crying about your first few years at Hogwarts? And how you two are in love.' she laughs, 'oh how the tables turn. Daphne, everything will work out. You're the strongest little witch i know. I love you. I'll always believe in you.' 

'I love you too Mimi. Promise me we will never change.. No matter what happens, you'll always be my aunt. My best friend.'

'That'll never change flower..'

*****

I apparate to the Dursley's house and land on the ground. I grimance. I'm never going to get use to apparating. I see Hermione walking towards the house too. 'Mione!!' I say and I run up to her. I immediately hug her, but I feel her shaking. 

'hey.. what's wrong?' I say as I rub her back. 

'My parents. I- I erased their memories. I need to protect them Daphne.'

My heart melted for her, as I hugged her tight. 'When this is all over, you'll get them back Mione. You're very brave.'

She gave me a small smile as we walked into the house. 

****

It was the most perculiar thing, transforming into harry. Hermione and I took a good look at each other and burst out laughing. 'It's not funny,' Harry called out. 

'It really is.' Ron snorted.

I hopped on a broom with Charlie Weasley. He ha He came from Romania just to help with this fight. 

****

Draco's POV

'Father, please. Hurt anyone but her.' I followed him around the manor as he collected his belongings to go with the death eaters to find Harry. 

I was at that meeting, where Snape revealed that Harry was to be transported from the Dursley's to the burrow. I knew damn well that Daph is gonna be with him. I hope she's safe.

I grabbed him roughly by the shoulder and stopped him. He whipped his head around,fuming. 'Draco. I cannot not guarantee the girl won't get hurt...but.' he paused for a second and sighed. 'I'll try my best son.' 

I gave him a smile as he opened the door to leave. 'Tell me if she's alright. okay?'

He gave me a firm nod as the door closed. 

I miss her so damn much.

Daphne's POV

I climbed onto the broom, following Charlie. He's a better quiddich player than me, having been Gryffindor captain when he was at Hogwarts. 'Hold tight Daphne,' he smiled. I held onto his jacket as Mad Eye counted down from three. 

When we took off on the broom, all was quiet. The night was peaceful. I looked around at the different harrys, who were all in sight.

And then, out of nowhere, out of nothing, we were surrounded. At least thirty hooded figures, suspended in midair, formed a vast circle in the middle of which the Order members had risen.

 Screams, a blaze of green light on every side, Charlie swerved the broom to get us out of the fight. 'Charlie!' I yell. 'The others!'

'Daphne we need to get back to the Burrow. Mad Eye's orders. It's our one aim.' I held onto him as the chilly night air blew onto my face. I looked behind me to see three masked death eaters chasing us. Charlie was focused on getting us back to the burrow, so I took my wand out and shot some spells at them. I knocked down one of them, and the second one flew after the injured. So I have one more death eater to fend off. Red met green in every direction, and at one point our spells meet. I felt the force of the killing curse from the death eater's wand inching closer and closer, second by second. 

Charlie and I were literal inches away from death if I couldn;t fend this spell off. 'Daphne!' he yelled. 'Hold on!'

I tightened the grip on my wand and forcibly pushed my spell forward an inch more to the death eater's direction.  It hit him and he tumbled off his broom into the forest we were flying over. 

'Daphne are you okay?' Charlie called from infront. 

I let out a deep breath. I did it.. 

'Yep, better then ever.' 

We landed near the burrow and walked over, Charlie putting his arm on my shoulder, steadying me from the fight with those death eaters. Molly rushed from the front door over to us, hair frayed and messed up, face frazzled and blankets in her open arms. She rushed us in quickly and fretted over a cut that had settled diagonally from my right eye to my left cheek, over my nose. 

Harry ran up to me and hugged me, checking I was okay, other than my face. Followed by hugs from Hermione and Ron. I loved my bestfriends. 

As I was getting rushed to sit, Everyone else started to arrive back to the Burrow. Molly tended to my cut, but I looked over opposite the crowded room and couldnt even imagine what George was going through. 'Molly, I really think you should be tending to george right now. I'm completely fi-'

'No no no my sweet, he has already been taken care of. If I dont disinfect this cut, It'll get worse!' She grabs a wipe and dabs it onto the fresh cut. I wince in pain and dig my nails into the palm of my hands. God that hurt. It reminded of the pain i felt when I fell of my bike when I was 7 and Mimi had to disinfect my knee. It was the worst day ever, from all I could remember.  

Molly examines my cut up closely and frowns. 'I think you'll have a permannt scar my dear.'

I nodded quietly. Ron sits next to me and smiles. 'You look better with that scar anywasy Daphne. Makes you look like a warrior.'

Harry laughs. 'We're matching now!'

Hermione nudges him roughly,and he grimances.

I smile, 'thanks guys. Come on we all need rest.' I say and we all go upstairs to sleep.