Chapter 15 - It hurts

Daphne's POV

Lupin's class is my favourite. He knows me and my friend group as well so that's a bonus. He was talking about a thing called a Boggart which is a creature that turns into your biggest fear. We lined up in a line and most people's fears were harmless like spiders, failing classes, the dark. 
I was next and I already know what it's going to be.

I step forward and look at Lupin, hoping he can read minds. I didn't  want to face it infront of the whole class. I wasn't comfortable. The boggart changed form from a clown into a tall man. His stern expression looked down on me. I held my head high, trying not to remember all the things he did to me. 

But the flashbacks came.

Whip! Smack! Kick! Whack!

I remember getting pushed towards a wall. The yells from him as he slapped me on my face. As he got out his belt and whipped me on my stomach, legs and arms. 

'You worthless brat. You bitch. Go die..'

I tried to get that out of my head. But seeing his face again. I never wanted to think of that man again. I thought of him in a ballet costume. One with frills and a tutu.

'Riddikulus!' I shouted.

It worked. I immediately went to Lupin after that. 'Can I leave please.'

He saw the expression and probably the severity of the situation. 'Yes Yes of Course.' 

I walked out, my favourite lesson ruined. I sniffed and wiped my nose and eyes. The corridors were empty so I sat in my favourite place in the school. That window with the best view of the ground. The whole area in an isolated corner of the castle where anyone rarely goes.

Before I know it tears start to run down my face. I struggle to breath but I bury my face in my knees. Seconds later I felt a familiar embrace. I recognised his scent from when I hugged him. Green Apples. 

His arms wrapped around me like a teddy bear as I immediately melted into his arms. I felt saf

Draco's POV

My heart was hurting when i saw her cry. I somehow knew she was going to be here. I had no idea who that man was, of course I wanted to know. But this wasn't time. I won't force her to tell me. I pulled her head into my chest, stroking her hair softly like my mother did to me. Her hair smelt like citruses. 'I've got you.' I whispered. 

Once she let everything out she pulled away and wiped her nose and her under eyes . 'Thanks. I needed that.'

'Returning the favour.' I smiled.

She gave me a small smile in return. 

'Are you sure you're okay now. '

She looked at me smiling, her green eyes mesmerising. 'Well I have to be.'

'No you don't.'

'No seriously, I need to get it together cause our Quidditch game is starting in half an hour.'

****

It was rainy. Grey clouds were up ahead and it was pouring. There was lightining and thunder here and there. But Quidditch was still on. 

It was Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff. 

I gave Harry a smile before we both flew up into our respected positions.

As the quaffle was released I caught it and zoomed off to one of the rings.

Draco's POV

She was amazing. I had come to see the match even in the rain. None of the hufflepuffs could catch up to her. Scoring goals on after the other. Suddenly lighting truck and hit one of the Hufflepuff Beaters out of the sky. He fell all the way to the ground. Everyone gasped. But this was Quidditch. The game stops for no-one. 

But one by one lightning stirkes player by player. From Hufflepuff's beater to the gryffindor keeper. Lightning was close to hitting Daphne numerous times, but she dodges then so skillfully.

Why does she have to be talented in everything?

Daphne's POV

I was one of the few players left even in the air. Harry had completely gone out of sight, catching the snitch. But out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure falling straight out of the sky. There were gasps and murmurs and shouts. I looked up.

Harry.

I didn't think. I just zoomed up to get as close as possible. I reached my arms out and caught him. But I lost balance of my broom and we both toppled to the ground safely at least. 

I got up immediately, trying to ignore the searing pain in my wrist from the rough landing. Harry was still unconscious on the ground, but I wasn't alone. A large crowd of teachers came around us and Madam Hooch stopped the match.

The teachers followed Madame Pomprey a she carried Harry away in a stretcher to the hospital wing. I held onto my wrist , biting my tongue so I wouldn't yell in pain. 

Only Dumbledore stayed and stood beside me. 'Here Miss Willows, let me assist you.' I simply nodded, not wanted to open my mouth and cry infront of the headmaster. He held my wrist and muttered some kind of spell.

The pain all went away. 'Thank you so much.' 

'You're a very gifted young witch Daphne. I see great promise in you out of anyone else.' He smiled. 'I best go check on Harry.' 

As he walked away a brunette boy came running towards me. He was the seeker and captain of Hufflepuff's team. I never really acknowledged him or seen his face close up before. But there was something extremely familiar. Like we've met long before this moment. 

'Hey' he smiled, 'is your arm better? I saw the landing. It was harsh. And what you did there. Pretty heroic.' he rambled on.

He was very tall as well. I studied his face a bit more. Rosy cheeks. Warm brown eyes. 

Answer the question Daphne.

'Yeah, it's better.' I answered simply. 

I think he's thinking too, as he studies my face something resonated with him. 'Hey have me met before?'

I tilted my head smiling. He felt it too. At once I had a flashback. 

'Hey let me help you.'

'Accio Medical Kit.'

'I like to come here to think sometimes, you know?'

My eyes lit up. That's what it was. Cedric.

'You're Cedric.' I smile. 

His eyes widened and smiled. 'Daphne!'

I laughed as Cedric put his arm around me like we're old friends and we walked back to the castle together, having a lot to catch up on. 

Draco's POV

Damn crowd. I had to wait so long for this crowd to disperse. I saw everything that happened. Daphne really is fearless. She belongs in Gryffindor. I finally get down from the bleachers to the field to find her and make sure she was alright. My heart sinks into my chest from what I see.

She was with someone else. An older boy. She was laughing and smiling. It was the happiest I've seen her. Why did I even bother. No-one would ever like me. What was the point of caring for her anymore. I walked back to the castle alone.