Chapter 54 - The journey

'Lumos' Hermione whispered, as her wand lit up. We entered Grimald Place cautiously, not knowing who could be in here. Ron cast the revealing charm, and turns out no-one was here. I collasped on a couch and started to close my eyes. 

'Daphne..' Ron said shaking me. 

'What..' I yawned, sitting up and taking my hair out from it's messed up ponytail. 

We walk into the dining room and Mondungus sits there, with kreacher and Dobby restraining him. Hermione's holidng his wand. I smirked and walked up to him, giving Dobby a high five on the way. 

Grabbing his sweaty collar I pulled him up to my eyesight. He was a short ass man. 'How dare you leave Mad Eye to die you scrawny ass coward.' 

He looks at me in in fear. 'I'm so sorry. P-Please... put me down.' I roughly let go and walked back to join the others who all looked equally angry. 

'Now tell me Mundungus, who did you give that locket to.' Harry said loudly. 

'It- It was a lady working for the ministry. I don;t know her name, but-' He looked down at his feet and picked up a rolled up newspaper. He pointed his scrubby finger at the front cover. 'Here! There she is.' 

Us four quickly gather around him. I look at the person he's pointing at. The one who has the locket...

My fists clenched up as i could feel myself getting hotter by the minute. 

'Son of a-' 

****

'This is completely mental' Ron remarked as we all stared down at the four unconscious minster workers, each of us with a piece of one of their hairs. 

I put mine in the sizzling liquid and looked over to my left at Harry and ove to my right at Ron and Hermione. 'Ok..' I say. 'We drink in 3..2..1.' I grimance as I gulp down the disgusting potion. 

I feel my hands start to shiver and I suddenly grow an inch taller. I feel my nose grow soft, then snap into position again. But I was too busy looking at myself to notice everyone else's transformations. 

I looked into my pocket mirror and laugh at myself I was a slim tall woman with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I look pretty young too. 

'Blonde suits you Daphne.' Harry snickers.

'Aw thanks' I smile sarcastically. I look around at my three bestfriends. Hermione was the middle aged woman passed out in the corner, with a tight smile and a tight bun. Ron was the ginger man with the moustache and Harry was the old man with black hair. 

We go into the ministry, heels clattering, leather shoes echoing the sinned walls of the ministry.

Here we go...

******

Dear Mimi

Over the past months... there's been nothing.

We've got the horcurx from Umbridge. 

..That's about as far as we've got along. 

With no way of destroying it, and no clue where the rest of them are... our group has no motivation anymore. 

Ron got splinched when apparating, and he's been off his game ever since. I stay with him in the tent while Harry and Hermione are spending an obvious amount of time together. I listen to him when he talks about how they are getting too close.

But I also reassure him. I know Hermione likes Ron. And Harry likes Ginny. So there is nothing to be worried about.

Of course, I don;t think he believes me.

I walk with Hermione sometimes, and tell her how Ron feels, but she just thinks he's being immature. We honestly don;t even know what is happening at this point. 

But then, as i saw Ron get worse and worse. He came to a breaking point and left. I had to blow up the tent just to get them apart from fighting with each other. Hermione left with Ron and told me she was going to talk some sense into him. 

So then it was just Harry and I for a few weeks. We kept travelling. We kept searching. And also made many fond memories. And Harry is a great friend

But at that time I was scared. I knew I was already missing out on my 7th year of Hogwarts. It's January when I'm writing this, but once I've wrote everything, and send it to you it's probably going to be March already.

But then Hermione and Ron came back, and we've found a way to destroy the Horcruxes. 

So we went to the Lovegoods to ask Luna's father about the Deathly Hallows. But of course he sold us out to the death eaters. We apparated in time though.

I promise you Mimi I am as safe as possible. At least I'm trying. But I want you to be safe too, I know I put up that barrier, but be extra careful as well. 

I miss you so much Mimi. I hope to see you sometime soon. I might stop by our house sometime, if I have some time. But right now, Hermione put up a invisible barrier, in case of any snatchers. I'll keep you updated soon.

Love you most,

Daph :)

I fold up my letter and give my owl a treat and the letter. I sit outside the tent as I watch it fly off. Hermione comes and sits next to me. 

'Are you okay?'

I nod and rest my head on her shoulder. 'Yes. Just a bit scared. You know.'

'We all get scared sometimes. But it's okay. It'll always be you and me together.Ever since our first oat ride to Hogwarts right?'

I smile and chuckled. 'Yeah, we were such babies.'

'Yes, without us, who else will keep those two idiots in check?' Hermione snorted as she pointed to Harry and Ron walking back up the hill to us and our tent. Harry tripped over a rock and Ron ran over to help him. 

We both died of laughter. 'Oh Mione. What am I gonna do without you..'

Hermione got up quickly and I followed her eyeline. I see Harry and Ron running from a group of around 6 men in ragged clothing. 

'Snatchers!' Harry yelled. 

I grabbed my wand and packed the tent up into Hermione bag and threw it behind my shoulder as I ran with Hermione hand in mine.

We needed to get out of here. 

A cold dirty hand gripped my arm as I started to run. 'Hello pretty' the leader said creepily. 

'Asshole.' 

'Ohh, she's a feisty one.' he smiled.

I feel a sharp burning pain as he slapped my face. 

'Dickhead!' Harry yelled. 'Get your hands off her.'

I try to break free but I couldn't. Their grip was too strong. 

The guy who slapped me smiled at me and laughed. 'Guess we're taking this lot to the Malfoys.'

My heart goes a million miles an hour as I see Harry, Hermione and Ron all look at me. 

Draco...