Chapter 21 - Three's a crowd

We arrived at the Burrow in a flash. Molly came rushing out. She was wearing her bed room slippers, face pale and strained, and clutching a rolled up copy of the Daily Prophet in her hand. 'Arthur, I've been so worried, so worried.'

And to every body's surprise, she seized Fred and George and pulledthem both in to such a tight hug that their heads banged together. 

'Ouch! Mum - you're strangling us -' 

'I shouted at you be fore you left!' Mrs. Weasley said, starting tosob. 'It's all I've been thinking about! What if You- Know- Who had got you,and the last thing I ever said to you was that you didn't get enough OW.L.s?Oh Fred...George...'

'Aw.' Hermione whispered to me. 'Daphne are you okay from the spell.'

I nodded. 'I'm feeling fine.'

The Diggorys left the burrow after a few hours.

I collapsed on my bed/sleeping bag on the ground in exhaustion. I wrote to Mimi earlier about the whole experience. What a night to remember. And a great way to start off the year.

****

'I can't believe the dark mark was cast across the sky.' Harry said for the 50th time.

'Come on let's not talk about that on the train guys. It's our first day of the fourth year! Isn't anyone excited.' Hermione rambled.

'Yup. Woo hoo!' I said before glaring at her. 

'Daphne you get grades above me, so you don;t have to pretend to not like it.' she laughed.

'No I'm obviously excited about classes.' I start.

Ron rolls his eyes. 'I can't with you two know- it- alls.'

'-But. I just hate the years are going by so fast. We about halfway into our school years.'

'How did this turn into an even sadder conversation than the last one.' Hermione said, rubbing her temples.

Harry slide the door open after Ron got up to buy something from the trolley. I pear outside and he wasn't even focused on what he wanted to get. I looked in his line of sight. 

Of course it's a girl.

Cho Chang to be exact. I knew her. She was in the year above us. I looked back at Harry and smiled. God he was blushing. I nudged Hermione and pointed at Harry. Hermione stifled a laugh.'We should be matchmakers.' Hermione whispered. 

'Yes by the end of the year Harry will have a date with Cho.' I responded. 

As Harry and Ron came back into the compartment I smirked at Harry. He looks uncomrtable and embrassed. 'What Daphne.'

'So.. need any advice on how to talk to girls.'

Harry gives me a confused look. 

Hermione laughs. 'She's talking about Cho.'

We watched Harry's face turn a vibrant red and he looked away. Ron patted him on the back. 'It's okay mate. We'll help you.' 

Harry covered his face and laughed. 

****

We arrived at Hogwarts. It was even more magical than I remembered. The castle looks ethereal, straight out of a fairy tale. The first thing that happened was that we were all told to go to the Great Hall. Dumbledore was talking about something called the Triwizard Tournament. Where Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would come and their representatitves would be chosen to compete. Eternal Glory would be the prize the Winner would take home. I probably would have put my name in the goblet if I was of age.

Dumbledore intruduced Beauxbatons and the huge doors opened. We all truend around and a frollock of girls game dancing in. I looked around. All he boy were turning heads and smiling. I rolled my eyes. Imbeciles. 'Bloody Hell.' Ron remarked looking that their behinds as they pranced around. Hermione whacked him with a book.

But when the Durmstrang boys came thundering in, it was the boys that were all upset and jealous when the girls were turning heads. 'That's him! That's Victor Krum!' Ron yelled.

'Yeah that's him. You can ask him to be your date for the ball Ron.' Ginny laughed. 

The principles got introduced too. There was Madame Maxine who was a giant and Hagrid couldn't take his eyes off her. Then there was Igor. He was a very grumpy man. And something about him doesn't seem right. 

There also another person who didn't seem right to me. Mad Eye Moody. He came in, a grand entrance and kept drinking a liquid out of his flask every now and then. It was weird. Like some kind of potion.

But the evening was filled with excitement as we headed back to our dorms. Hermione and I were talking late at night. We were roommates and I was so happy when I found out. Hermione was talking fairly lot about Victor. She was blushing and smiling too much whenever someone mentioned his name. I'm keeping that in mind.

'Did you hear there was going to be a ball this year?' Hermione siad excitedly. 

'No,' I mumbled, while brushing my teeth in the bathroom. 

Hermione sat on her bed, still ecstatic. 'Well there is. Right after the first task. And we can bring dates.'

'Mhm. WHat do we wear?'

'Anything. As fancy as you like. And if we can;t get dates which I doubt will be a problem for you, then we'll go with Harry and Ron.'

'You'll get people to ask you too Mione.'

'Daphne you're the most talented witch of our time. Surely people would want to go with you.'

'You're the one with knowledge Mione. Come on let's not get ahead of ourselves for the dates aspect of it. Buttt, we need to decide what dress. And colour too!'

We laughed and talked for the rest of the night. Hermione was thinking a pinky purple colour, I was thinking red or blue.