Chapter 16 - Hogsmeade

Ron Hermione and I walked happily to Hogsmeade for our first visit. It was sad Harry couldn't go though. We went into Honeydukes to buy some sweets for him to cheer him up. 

But suddenly I felt something. 'Guys I'll be back,' I said quickly and ran to the nearest bathroom. I sighed in frustration. Why now. 

I got my first period. 

'Daphne?' called a voice from outside. 'Are you alright?'

'Not really.' I call. 'Do you have any pads. Or tampons?' 

Hermione handed them to me from under the door. 'I this your first time?' she asks.

'Yup. Such a great time to get it now don't you think.' 

She laughs. 'There's never a good time. Do you know the logistics?'

'Yep, you can go if you want. I'll catch up with you later.'

I heard the door close and relaxed a bit. I felt nervous. It was my first time, and without Mimi ask for advice I felt embarrassed to ask anyone else but Hermione.

I heard a knock, but it was coming from outside the female bathroom. I washed my hands and opened the door. 

Draco.

Awkward...

I looked at him, a bit confused and creeped to be honest.

He turned a shade of red. 'I saw you running over here. Thought something big happened. Just checking if you're okay.'

'Yup. I'm fine thanks.'

He nodded slowly.  'Oh okay. Well do you want me to get you anything?'

'No it's okay. Thanks though'

From the path infront of us saw footsteps in the snow but no-one stepping in them. 

Harry.

He was knocking down choirs and I could hear crying. 

'I'm sorry, but I need to go' I ran after him.

*****

Draco's POV

Of course she left. Probably creeped out by me. She ran off for Harry. I'm not dumb. I know about the cloak as Daphne and I used it a while ago.

So dumb Draco. I should probably go back to being mean. This nice thing isn't working for me. She's a muggle. A Gryffindor. Why am I feelings these things for her?

I need to get her out of my head. I can't turn into this mushy boy for her. I need to go back to the way things were.

****

Harry's POV

I couldn't even think right now. Sirius Black. My supposed godfather was responsible for the death of my parents. 

I felt betrayed, lost. 

I heard footsteps but I didn't care. 

I felt the cloak being lifted up so I looked up. It was the person I trusted the most. She wiped my tears and pulled me into a warm hug. I closed my eyes and thought of all the shit going on in my life right now. Somehow she makes everything better. 

'You're going to be okay Harry.' she whispers. 'What happened.'

I told her everything. Got everything off of my chest.

'Everything's gonna work out Harry. We'll find him. I promise.'

It was nice having a friend around. Everyone could use a Daphne in their life.

*****

Later in the common room I let Daphne tell Ron and Hermione everything. We all knew Sirius was coming for me. We all needed to be ready.

*****

Narrator's POV

'Uhhh, what is it Harry.' Daphne groaned.

'Daph you won't believe this.'

'Try me.'

'I saw Peter Pettigrew on the Marauders Map.' 

Daphne was now wide awake. The 4 got under the cloak and followed the Peter's footsteps. Hermione snickered and pointed at the map. 'Guys look. Draco and Pansy are awfully close to each other.' The 2 names were in the Slytherin common room alone. 

Daphne grimanced. 'Ferile.' she whispered

Everyone was in a fit of giggles. 

They were walking silently for a while now, getting closer and closer to Pettigrew. He was supposedly dead though, so the 4 teens were determined to solve this mystery.