Chapter 45 - Hurt

Daphne's POV

I'm conscious and the pain has finally subsided, but I feel nothing. I can't even move. I feel helpless. I'm lying on the floor in a pool of blood. The dark lord said he'll only stop if I agree to help him. I'll never give in. Even if it means I die.

I've in in this cell for days and I know Christmas is near. I have no idea where I am or what time it is. I'm starting to lose hope.

I hear footsteps and I prepare myself for the Cruciatis Curse again. Someone comes in 3 times a day to torture me and do whatever they want with me. 

Bellatrix has thrown me across the room and carved 'Appears Mudblood . Gryffindor Moron at heart.' on my neck

Dolahov has broken my nose and wounded me more.

But most people just use the Cruciatis Curse. 

I look up from the floor slowly to see who it is. 

Pettigrew. 

'So you've come to do his dirty work.' I say.

He laughs. 'You're one to say.. CRUCIO!'

I scream and it feels like all the air in my lungs has gone and I can't breath. My skin is burning and also freezing at the same time. Everywhere stings, itches and hurts. I feel hot tears fall down the side of my face and I think of dying. 

At least that's what it feels like. The pain continues to grow and grow, and I bite my tongue from screaming again, from letting him have the satisfaction to know I'm in pain. 

I feel like there's no end. I'm never going to feel happiness again. So I close my eyes and let the pain in.  

Draco's POV

The days go on. I haven't been counting. But it feels like eternity. An eternity of an emptiness in my chest. I'm not even focused on my task. I walk to every class feeling numb and I cry myself to sleep every night.

Life isn't life anymore without Daphne.

Harry's POV

I walk to class. 

She's not there. 

She's not there to help me laugh with me, she's not there with me to tease Ron and Hermione liking each other, she's not here to talk with me when I'm hurt. 

She'll never be here again. 

I'll never see her laugh when she plays Quidditch skillfully, or her blush when she got 100 on a test, or her firmness when battling death eaters. 

Life isn't life anymore without Daphne.

Ron's POV

Every day goes by in a blur. I sometime think Daphne is just around the corner, in her room or out in the fields. But deep down I know it isn;t true.

No-one jokes around with me like she does. No-one looks out for me like she does. No-one helps me like she does. 

The time she bought me robes for the Yule Ball cause mine were horrid, the time she yelled at students for bullying me, the time that she gave me the Liquid Luck for my quidditch. 

Gone.

Life isn't life anymore without Daphne.

Hermione's POV

No more girl talk. I'm stuck with two absolute morons now. Daphne was my best friend. The person I went to for everything.

Now, looking at Harry and Ron, us 3 that are left sitting in the common room in silence. It's apparent, we are all in thought, in mourning, in sorrow, thinking about the person, who tied us all together.

My sister. 

Life isn't life anymore without Daphne.

****