Chapter 28 - Third Task

'Wish me luck.' Cedric said as he was about to step into the arena for the final Task.

'Oh you don't need luck. I know you're going to win.' I say, kissing him. 

'You're look beautiful today you know that. I can't wait to talk to you after this damn tournament.'

I cheer as he run on, joining the other champions to enter the maze. 

*****

I knew something was wrong the minute they got back. Somethin was very wrong. Harry was hunched over Cedric. Shit. No.

No.

No.

I pushed my way through the crowd, but I really wish I didn't. 

His warm brown eyes.

Lifeless.

His ever growing smile.

Lifeless.

His soft welcoming lips.

Lifeless.

His big warm arms.

Lifeless.

My Cedric.

Lifeless.

The whole world was drowning out. 

I feel myself shaking my head. 

This.

This is a dream.

It's not real Daphne.

Not real.

I say it over and over.

Lies.

I carress his cheek just like he use to do. 

I start to cry.

'Cedric..' I shake him gently like he use to do to me.

I kiss his lifeless body. 

Like he use to kiss me.

I hug him tight. 

Like he use to hug me.

My shaly breaths come back, and he won;t be the one to dance with me until they become steady breaths.

I scream.

 I bite onto my knuckles to restrain myself from doing something I might regret.

I could hear his voice.

'Let me help you.'

'I come here to think and get away from things, you know?'

'Accio medical kit.'

'Hey have we met before?'

'Right, so you need a crocodile's heart, peppermint leaves and lavender.'

'Are you alright? i hate that reporter.'

'How did I get so lucky to get chosen by a girl who had thousands of other options?'

'You look perfect.'

'I'm always your Daphne.'

'Daphne, I think I love you.'

I see him everywhere. I can't go through my life without him. I clung onto his body, secretly praying he would open his eyes. I felt hands on me as teachers pulled me away from the body.

No.

'I never got to say I love you. I never fucking did.' I cried. 

I should of wished him good luck. Maybe then it would of been different.

I felt Hermione hugging me as I cried for what seemed like the rest of eternity. 

*****

'His spirit came to me Daphne.' Harry said as he told me the story again. I like hearing the story. 'He said, "tell Daphne I love her. I always will  love her. Tell her to take care of herself. I know she's strong."'

Hermione Ron Harry and I were on the train back from Hogwarts. They were all really sweet to me after Cedric's death. I would never get over it. It will consume me for the rest of my life. He was everything to me. If I could turn back time, I would tell him I loved him a thousand times if I could. 

But this train ride home was different. 

Times were changing.

The dark lord was back. 

And we all know how this story goes.