Chapter 47 - Heir of Gryffindor

Mimi's POV

I tried to smile and put on a front. But Hermione comes up to me and sits next to me. She hands me a glass of juice. 'I know how you feel.'

I smile sadly at her. 'She was my baby.' 

The windows rattle slightly then a huge explosion happens outside. Hermione shoots up and runs towards the windows to see. The Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Lupin, and Tonks all get out their wands. I think it;s their wands.

Molly grabs my arm. 'Come on, we need to get out of here.'

I rush out of the burrow with her, confused at what's going on.

There was a barrier of flames surrounding the burrow, it seems like everyone already knows who's behind it. Black swirls of fog come falling from the sky and I see a middle aged woman with pale skin, hollowed out eyes and crazy black curly hair. She smiles creepily and laughs. 

She runs into the flames and towards the marshes. I looked around at everyone. I'm so confused. What is going on..

I see Harry, then Ginny, then Arthur, Tonks and Lupin run into the flames. Molly, Hermione, Ron and the Twins start to fight the rest of the people coming in swirls of black fog. I hear some spell, 'Stupefy.' but I got pushed to the ground. 

'Protego Maxima!' Cries a voice.

A voice that shouldn't be possible. I turn around and see her. 

I scream in disbelief as I run towards her. 

*****

Daphne's POV

I feel Mimi's arms around me, hugging me so tight as she sobs into my arms. 'Daphne... You're ok...You're okay..' 

She kisses my hair and cries. 

'Mimi, I'm okay. I promise.' I smile and grab her hand. 'Come on, we need to help the others.'

I see Hermione and Ron battling Bellatrix and other death eaters. I took a deep breath, because I had a plan. I read this legend when I was in 3rd year about a spell only the heir of Gryffindor could master. It's time to test that theory.

Hermione's POV

All of us are crowded around the death eaters, wands ready. 

I shot a spell at greyback, but he dodged it with ease. We were outnumbered by the death eaters. I didn't know what to do.

We all turned around when we heard rushed footsteps. A figure in a mask came running towards us with Mimi beside her. The mysterious person was covered in black. She had a midnight black cloak that covered her hair, shoulders, and went all the way down to her ankles. She was wearing leather pants and a black t-shirt. A black mask covered her nose and mouth, making it impossible to recognize a face. 

I run over to them. 'Mimi, are you okay?'

She nodded and gave me the happiest smile I've seen in days. But when my attention drew toward the masked figure, she had already began walking towards the death eaters. 

I heard her mutter the ancient spell we all learnt in 3rd year. I look over at Harry and Ron and they were looking at me, so confused. Whoever this was, was trying the most dangerous spell, if they weren't the heir of gryffindor the consequence of using it would be instant death. 

She didn't have to use a wand she muttered the words. 'Collurum de Testo Reco Povos.' and stretched her arms out. In an instant red flames surrounded the figure and the death eaters. None of us could see what was going on, but we knew it was good. There were screams that we could all hear were from Greyback, Bellatrix Dolahov and more. 

I saw the twins cheering, so I nudged Ron. We all started clapping and cheering. Eventually we all saw black fog rise into the air and zoom away. The flames died down around the mysterious figure and it was true, all the death eaters fled.

She turned around to look at the Borrow. The flames were still outlining her figure, and it almost looking heavenly. She extended her hands out and in an instant, the flames surrounding the Borrow turned into nothing and died down. 

I looked around. Arthur and Molly has tears in their eyes, So did Mimi but it was a proud feeling I got off her. Harry Ron the Twins and I were clapping. 

She undid the spell, as I hear her whisper. 'Collurum de Testo Reco Povos Respellreform.' But then, I saw that the figure was unsteady on their feet. Her legs were weak and failed to support her. She collapsed on the ground so much for us to all surround her. Molly lifted up her mask.

We all stood there in shock. 

None of us could comprehend  what we saw. 

I was shaking with fear and happiness at the same time. 

'DAPHNE!'